Wrigley Field Bleachers

Yac12

According to ChicagoSports.com the Cubs have now named their redone bleachers the Bud Light Bleachers. Terms of the agreement were not released.

As a Cub fan I have no real problem with this if the money is used towards making the team better. Maybe giving Prior and Wood bionic arms.

I was going to post this in my bleacher renovation thread that I've had going all winter...

In it, I posted some figures detailing the added revenue for the extra seats (which it turns out is low, because of the premium seats in RF), but is near $5 million a year. Add to that the revenue from the rotating sign behind home-plate ($5 million) and now this.

I'm all for creating revenue sources that can keep Wrigley viable for years to come, but since the payroll is down about $10 million this season from last, I fully expect to see the Cubs spend at the trading deadline... If they don't, it's all pure greed.

Moose

Moose-If you want to have this moved this to your bleacher thread no problem. From what I have been hearing on the radio about this people aren't happy because they think the Tribune is going to line their pockets with the money instead of investing in the team.

I agree with having to do what ever they can to keep Wrigley viable for years to come.

No matter what the Cubs do they can't win. Unless they are winning on the field.

This is a make-or-break year for the cubs. There will be a lot of change if this year is a failure, from the office down to the playing field.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

No need to merge the threads (unless Chris wants to)...

I agree with ChicagoShwan, though on the make-or-break nature of this season. Heads will roll (from MacPhail to Hendry to Baker) if there isn't some kind of accountability for the product on the field, especially with the increased revenue rolling in.

Moose

I think Hendry needs his extention first. I am not too happy with the idea that they are going to let Juan Pierre play out the season before giving him a contract extention.

This is a make-or-break year for the cubs. There will be a lot of change if this year is a failure, from the office down to the playing field.

For a team that hasn't won a World Series since frickin' 1908, I don't really think this, or any other year, is a "make or break year". :D

They're all broken!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This is a make-or-break year for the cubs.  There will be a lot of change if this year is a failure, from the office down to the playing field.

For a team that hasn't won a World Series since frickin' 1908, I don't really think this, or any other year, is a "make or break year". :D

They're all broken!

Boy, you sure are clever. You even brought up the date, man how original you are.

I am envious, I really am.

Thankfully, though, they still go out there and play baseball just for the hell of it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived