Houston Dynamo kits unveiled

Sodboy13

From bigsoccer.com:

Jersey_Dynamocopy.jpg

Apparently, it's close to this, though no actual pics are up yet. This is what I was calling for in a change kit, mimicking the planned 2006 San Jose kits, with the primary kit being black with orange. Unfortunately, from what I gleaned from the board, this is the primary kit, with the change simply being white with orange. Still though, a solid design. I like it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The away is solid white, no orange whatsoever (except on the word "Houston" across the chest). That being said... these jersey's really suck. Damn Adidas for their lack of creativity, and damn MLS for selling out to one company!

department of redundancy department: having the team crest on the upper chest and the team nickname across the chest....good 'ol American soccer :rolleyes: (seriously, can't they get with the rest of the world and have their sponsors across the chest? It doesn't look that bad....)

oi. but besides that (aimed at the entire MLS really) those look alright. hard to tell how it'll all look on the pitch just from a shirt, but...I tihnk it needs more black. like the adidas stripes. or *something* other then their new little logo on the left sleeve needs to be black.

harperdc.gif

I suddenly have visions of Ruud Guulitt and Dennis Bergkamp and want to sing songs from "Aida."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

department of redundancy department: having the team crest on the upper chest and the team nickname across the chest....good 'ol American soccer :rolleyes: (seriously, can't they get with the rest of the world and have their sponsors across the chest? It doesn't look that bad....)

I really hate that repetition.

The Giants do this as well - they have the wordmark across the chest, and then repeated on the sleeve. What's the point of that, when they have such a great secondary mark on the sleeve of the road uniforms?

As for sponsors, MLS has the worst of all possible worlds. They have the gaudy ugliness of a logo on the chest, without the benefit of the sponsorship money.

The more I look at these kits, I keep thinking that the goaltenders must be pissed. Hell, all they get are the practice kits with a crest on them. Everyone else gets orange.

Speaking of the orange, I would have liked to have seen some more colors on here, maybe even a hint of the light blue accents seen in the crest. This looks like nothing more than creamsicle with a little black.

The more I look at these kits, I keep thinking that the goaltenders must be pissed. Hell, all they get are the practice kits with a crest on them. Everyone else gets orange.

Speaking of the orange, I would have liked to have seen some more colors on here, maybe even a hint of the light blue accents seen in the crest. This looks like nothing more than creamsicle with a little black.

As stated elsewhere, with the relatively late name switch, Houston was forced to quickly adopt an off the rack Adidas template kit, in this case the 'Libero' which happens to come in the all white and orange/white stock combinations.

69456.OW.JPG69456.WH.JPG

The team management has stated that they are alreay working with Adidas to create a more customized look for the 2007 set.

This situation is not unlike the one the New England Revolution found themselves in when their deal with Reebok fell throught and they were forced to use off the rack versions of the Adidas 'Mundial' template.

166502.NV.JPG166502.WH.JPG

patriotssignature.png

*walks in with Tennessee marching band*

the orange got me thinkin these guys look like Tennessee...hit it!

*band plays Rocky Top*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived