RBI Baseball 2k6 anyone?

clyon81

clyon81, I just downloaded it and played my first game and I must say that I am a fan of your work.

I had your RBI2k3 and (apparently) someone else's RBI 2004 and it sure beats building it yourself. I used RBI Manager years ago to replace the National All-Stars with the 1984 Cubs but I somehow lost the file, so I might have to check out this new editor you're talking about (as well as revisit dee-nee).

So I just played and although I'm rusty, the Cubs managed to beat the Cardinals 15-7, with homers from Michael Barrett, Derrek Lee and John Mabry. In my opinion, it played great and I'll be playing again soon (maybe after this post).

One nitpick (had to be one right?) is that Michael Wuertz was used as the second reliever. I would have picked either Bob Howry or Scott Eyre, the Cubs' 'big' offseason reliever acquisitions (especially since Wuertz was just sent down today) but that's really, really minor.

Overall, it's great to play RBI again. Wish my brother lived nearby so we could resume childhood battles.

Nice job. It certainly is appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: And good choice on the Cubs uniforms. I always liked the RBI arcade Cubs light blue/blue combo but the gray/all blue is nice for the 2006 version.

ALSO: For RBI Baseball fans, check out YouTube for the 1986 World Series Game 6 final inning. It's got authentic Vin Scully audio, RBI gameplay and amazing detail. Really fun to watch (maybe even Red Sox fans will appreciate it, now that 2004 happened).

i guess there is no way to add two teams to the 10 already there eh?

You must've had the same idea I had, huh.

And oh yeah, how in the hell do you run the bases???

To advance to a base: point toward it and press B.

To go back to a base: point toward it and press A.

I thought this sort of thing was common knowledge. What are they teaching our kids in school nowadays?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nobody has figured if there is a way to do that or not. But if you want teams to play that arent allready. At some point I plan on completing the 15-rom set that will allow any team to play any team. I just wanted to get people playing these, so I can fix the errors, and complete the set.

Thanks for the comments again

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

yeah, I had thought about doing something like that two seasons back, I knew that you could edit roms sometimes, though it would be cool to do. There has been only one season where we had 10 teams thought, we'd need 12 to make it work now.

It is cool though, i love customizing stuff like this

Archived