WHA Concept Project

Frylock

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STL -- Thanks for the feedback!  I'm glad you like the sleeve striping.  I wanted something that kind of was a nod to the original jerseys, but not a direct copy.  I thought it looked good and was worth a shot.

Now, I have a trio of San Diego Mariners concepts.  Honestly, the home and road jerseys are just a modernized update of their original jerseys, which were just recycled New York Raiders jerseys.  The alt jersey, OTOH, is *not* a modernized update of their original jerseys!  It's different, that's for sure...

Enjoy!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Mariners- i love that alt. very classy. the home/away is great as well. great use of the "M"

Cougars- i love the jersey. the color scheme works much better. great logo as well (idk if u made it or not)

Roadrunners- i just noticed this design. great design. i love it. the blue pants is iffy on me but yellow pants would look horrible. so id have to see it to choose. great job on the jersey tho.

keep up the great work Fry!!!

untitled-1.png

I know I'm repeating myself, but thank you for the feedback!  I always appreciate it!

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that the "M" trident was inspired by the Seattle Mariners trident.  Yes, the one that allegedly represents bad luck.  I just tweaked the outer spears to look like hockey sticks.

STL -- Oh crap, are you serious?  I'm not familiar with your Devils concept.  Could you please post a link for either the jersey or the site?  I'd really appreciate that.  If you want, I can remove my jersey and rework it a bit.  The last thing I want to do is unintentionally copy someone else's work.  That being said, I do appreciate the kind words.  The H/R jerseys aren't anything too outrageous.  Just pretty similar to their original jerseys with silver added.  Hmm...  Sounds like I could get a job in the NHL marketing department!  "Add silver!  Add black!  What's the trendy color of the day?"  :P

Snowcap -- Glad you like the Mariners, Cougars and Roadrunners jerseys!  On the Chicago jerseys, the walking cougar was their original logo, and I came up with the head in the C logo.  For the 'Runners, I suppose I should've trimmed the yellow panel on the pants with white.  And yes, yellow pants would look real, um, bad.  I can already hear the jokes about drinking too much Gatorade...

Thanks again, guys!

Frylock, it isn't that close even. But they both have the item extending down the sleeves. Don't worry about it. It was your idea, and just b/c we somewhat though alike at different times doesn't mean you should have to take yours down. Besides I like the design too much to let you do that.

http://uniformexperiment.deep-ice.com/

Click on NHL Experiment and you should be able to find my designs.

STL -- Wow!  First, I gotta say that you have some excellent concepts there.  Those Devils jerseys are sharp!  I definitely see the similarity between your concept and mine.  I appreciate your letting me keep my concept posted.  If you had said that you wanted me to remove and change it, I certainly would have.  Thank you!  :)   I just can't get over how cool those Devils concepts are...

Okay, I've posted one new concept here...  Talk about cheesy, 1970's inspired designs.  For another proposed, but never existed franchise, I offer my take on the Los Angeles Aces.  Even I've got to admit, this one is crappy.  Enjoy...  If you can.  :;):

That Aces design doens't suck at all. I like it infact. I have one suggestion though. Make the script and the suit-striping match. The script goes (I'm calling it red) red/black/red/black. The way you have the suits lined up is black/red/red/black. I may have this stuff backwords, but either way, I think you should make them consistent with each other. Any way is fine, just make them the same. Other than that, I think this is a nice clean design.

As for my Devils design, thanks for the good comments. I hope you saw that I did not actually draw the logos. Those were logos found in a Devils Den catalogue that Phocused redraw on the computer. I liked them and made a design with them.

I think you should make them consistent with each other.

and we know ur the king on constinsency  :;):

i like the aces. it actually would make a good chicago blackhawks jersey in real life. i love the way u made the card suits on the bottems. remind me of quebecs fleur-de-lize (worng spelling) design. great job overall

untitled-1.png

Wow!  Thanks guys!  I really thought the Aces concept wasn't all that great, and that I had done better, but I'm glad you guys like it.

STL -- Excellent point about the "aces" text and the card suits.  The more I looked at it, the more it bugged me, so I fixed it.  The original link still works, but you might need to hit refresh to see the new image.  Incidentally, it is a deep red.

Yep, I noticed that the logos came from Phocused, but I still like your overall concept for the jerseys!

Snowcap -- Blackhawks, hmm?  Interesting...  Yeah, I can see that!  The only thing is, would the C/tomahawk patches go above the stripes on the shoulder or below the shoulder on the sleeve?

EDIT -- FOUR PAGES?  Is this the longest running non-sticky topic on this board?   ???

Consistency is very important if a design is to be great SnowCap. And I may very well be the King of it. Although, I have noticed myself agreeing with SyPhi a lot because he seems to believe in consistency a lot as well.

I think that improved the design a lot Frylock. As for being for the Blackhawks, I say put it inside the stripes and colar.

And yes, I believe this is the longest running not sticky thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who's back / Back again...

The thread that will never die!  I just about filled my underwear when I clicked on The SLE yesterday -- VECTORIZED WHA LOGOS!  :o  Yowza!  Where were these when I started this project?  Most of the logos are real good.  Some are a little off, but I'm not gonna quibble - I'm very thankfull someone finally made them.

Anyhow, this means I can make a couple more concepts, including the new pair I posted today.  But more on that in a second...

I'm sorry I didn't get around to acknowledging the previous replies:

Snowcap, Mockba, and STL -- Glad that you like the Blackhawks/Aces concept!  And to Mockba specifically, thank you!  I was trying for the cheesy 1970s vibe on the Aces jersey, so I take that as a compliment!  :D

Okay, I've posted what might be my next to last WHA concept.  This one is for the New Jersey Knights.  This isn't as outrageous as other concepts of mine, but I felt like it was post-worthy.  I really wanted to do a red/black checkerboard design with the orange and blue crest, but I knew what kind of reaction that would bring.  Hmm...  I just might do it anyway!  :P

Archived