WHA Concept Project

Frylock

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder...is there a way to insert some other jerseys in NHL 2003?? I have it on PC....truth is, I havent thought about creating some sort of jerseys and how ti insert the jerseys in there to showcase the full viewing of the jerseys, etc?? Ya know?

Wow most of these posts are from before I joined...

Some nice work--and I do have some coomments--after I ask how to insert the jerseys into EA's NHL ames--it never works for me, and I followed the instructions to a T

First--yeah this is fantasy so it doesn't matter--but many of these teams did not co-exist---in fact many of them are the same franchise relocated--often 3 or 4 times.

Cowboys--get rid of the smile on the jersey--the Cowwboys used it in their main logo--but not on the jersey.

Cougars--you lost the "C" that encircles the cougar and ties into its tail--the best part of the logo

Oilers-better than their WHA era jerseys--not as good as their current blue/copper ones. (better colours now)

so that's that for now.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

You can insert them into the PC versions of most of the EA NHL series. 2003 was a bit tricky, they changed up the template a bit. They made the template simpler for 2004, but made it more difficult to insert the actual files. I've gotten a couple jerseys into 2004, but have had problems with transparency on the numbers.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You can insert them into the PC versions of most of the EA NHL series.  2003 was a bit tricky, they changed up the template a bit.  They made the template simpler for 2004, but made it more difficult to insert the actual files.  I've gotten a couple jerseys into 2004, but have had problems with transparency on the numbers.

Letters and numbers in 2003 were infinitely more of a pain, since you actually had to cut and paste parts of the jersey into a seperate file...and if you wanted to do your jersey at 2X resolution (sharper images in-game), you were stuck those parts of the jerseys (and your numbers) in 1X, since the player models couldn't deal with 2X numbers...

The best thing about 2004 is that you can actually add jerseys, rather than just overwrite the existing jerseys. Each team can have up to 10 different jerseys available, which is totally sweet.

I use a program called FSHEd, which was actually created by/for the NBA Live community (get it here, if you're interested)...if you download the "Graphic Importer Plug-In", FSHEd can import Photoshop files, so transparency is a breeze.

Oh, and while I'm in mid-post anyway...

Calgary Cowboys Home:

calhomein.jpg

Calgary Cowboys Road:

calroadin.jpg

--Eriq.

I've got FSHed, played with it a bit, then kindof put it all away--life got in the way. ^_^

I'll have to pick up some tips on importing the numbers from you at some point.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well maybe I'd better get 2004 then--oh well--

Again on the Cowboy jerseys--the smiley faces work for the main logo--but look ridiculous on the jersey the actual team just had the hat on the jersey--see my earlier post that has a link to a page showing several WHA jerseys.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hot damn! Major kudos to Eriq for converting these jerseys over to a 3-D format, and doing it quite well. :notworthy:

I'm impressed with how the Blades alt and the Bulls set look. Considering they have the crazy striping patterns, they could've easily looked horrible. But that wouldn't have been Eriq's fault... ^_^ And wow, those Cougars sets turned out very nice, too. Sure do hope to see more from Eriq!

As for "where's Frylock been?", here's the skinny:

With the combination of a full-time paying job (which I love) and a full-time volunteer TV job (which I also love), my free time has been very scarce. Add to that, my computer took a huge crap and crashed beyond repair over a month ago. I now have a brand new computer :woot: and I have access to my concepts once again. Now if only I can find 3 more hours of free time in the day... :Oo:

Frylock

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived