Sign in to follow this  
bhambruiser

Alabama Jersey Patch

A-Day2006148.jpg

it seems as if bama will be sporting an anniversary patch of some sort. I don't know what it is yet, but I am working on finding out. It is also painted on the field.

upon further review it is for the University's 175th anniversary

175logo.gif

UA News: 175th Anniversary

The question is, what percentage of Alabama fans can count to 175?

:lol:

Sorry Bama fans, couldn't resist!

alabama's flagship university...read the article to find out more about that.

as far as counting goes- most ut fans can't really count past 6 or 7 since that is usually the number of teeth they have.

I think we all tell the same no-teeth, can't count, inbred jokes about each other.

But seriously, I can see putting this on the game jerseys, but the practice jerseys? Was that from A-Day?

bhambrusier, why does bama not us the 'A' under your name? To me it looks way better than the one they're putting everywhere now!

After watching some post game interviews I noticed the Gray at the bottom really gets lost and sometimes completely washed out on the whites. Interesting to see what it might look like on the home jerseys.

Yes, the patch is for the University's 175th anniversary. The logo is plastered all over the alumni stuff this year. I miss the A that looked similar to the one the Atlanta Braves use on their hats, and I wish I could remember the special version of "Rocky Top" that I've heard at Bama/UT games when I was in school.

bhambrusier, why does bama not us the 'A' under your name? To me it looks way better than the one they're putting everywhere now!

good question...i prefer the older one too...i don't dislike the new one, but it is almost too thin...i like the thicker one as well

I guess they put the patch on the A-Day jerseys just for the heck of it...as a side note I'd also like to say how much I wish they would take the names off the jerseys - it is a nice classic look.

ROLL TIDE

I guess I never really noticed the change, but I'd imagine Nike is responsible.

I will take this opportunity to say that Alabama's jersey is a very nice, classic look, but I wouldn't be in favor of removing the names.

I hope either the names come back on the Ole Miss jerseys or the numbers get narrower. The numbers were just too wide last year w/o names on the back.