Kids shirt for "brewers day"

clyon81

I was working on the computer, and my girlfriend says "aww....its "brewers day" at school tomorrow and C (her 5 year old daughter) doesnt have anything to wear, maybe I can find a blue shirt." Well, at 11 at night, with all the hype, its still pretty hard to find brewers stuff around here. I felt bad. As the official brewers fan in the house, I felt obligated to do something. So I busted out a white shirt, some iron on transfers I had left over from my softball team shirts, and threw this together:

http://league.rbicentral.com/brewerst1.PNG

http://league.rbicentral.com/brewerst2.PNG

http://league.rbicentral.com/brewerst3.PNG

Look ok?

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

Epson Stylus C84

Now I kind of wish I could vector something, to make some fantasy ones for my buddies and I. The logos I have are just big enough for a kids shirt. In fact I had to play around quite a bit to get this to where it was. For the front script, I loaded it into paint, then used the windows image preview to zoom in, then I did a print screen. The sleeve pic was too big, so I loaded it into paint, left the paint area larger then the pic, went into preview, and it was shrunken automatically. For the numbers and letters, I just used the fonts downloaded from the MLB Fonts collection on here somewhere, and used "wordart" in frontpage.

Any suggestions for making the images larger for a "bigger" shirt?

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

Excellent job, clyon. And not just your craftsmanship on the shirt (which was outstanding), but the fact that you're doing this kind of thing for your girlfriend's child at 11 PM. As a parent myself, I commend you.

Tell your girlfriend I said you're a keeper.

^_^

It is what it is.

Epson Stylus C84

Now I kind of wish I could vector something, to make some fantasy ones for my buddies and I. The logos I have are just big enough for a kids shirt. In fact I had to play around quite a bit to get this to where it was. For the front script, I loaded it into paint, then used the windows image preview to zoom in, then I did a print screen. The sleeve pic was too big, so I loaded it into paint, left the paint area larger then the pic, went into preview, and it was shrunken automatically. For the numbers and letters, I just used the fonts downloaded from the MLB Fonts collection on here somewhere, and used "wordart" in frontpage.

Any suggestions for making the images larger for a "bigger" shirt?

wow thats the exact same printer i have, its a really good one.

btw, that shirt is sweet looking for a late night last minute job with iron on transfers

i may look into making my own cardinals one lol

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I'm thrilled that they did a "Brewers Day." We used to do that when I was a kid.

Great to see the local team be a part of the kids' daily lives in such a way, even if it's only one day. Great for civic pride.

Would you be saying the same thing if it was "Devil Rays Day" in the Tampa Bay area?

Not picking a fight, but I was just seeking your thoughts.

I'm thrilled that they did a "Brewers Day."  We used to do that when I was a kid.

Great to see the local team be a part of the kids' daily lives in such a way, even if it's only one day.  Great for civic pride.

Would you be saying the same thing if it was "Devil Rays Day" in the Tampa Bay area?

I don't understand your point. For me, it falls under the same principle. If you can get kids excited about their home town team, great! I've always had very fond memories of going to Red's games when I was younger.

I'm thrilled that they did a "Brewers Day."  We used to do that when I was a kid.

Great to see the local team be a part of the kids' daily lives in such a way, even if it's only one day.  Great for civic pride.

I don't understand your point. For me, it falls under the same principle. If you can get kids excited about their home town team, great! I've always had very fond memories of going to Red's games when I was younger.

My point is that it seems like the Devil Rays do not get a kind word on this board. It some of the board members eyes that everything they do is bad and they think that MLB should rip the team from the market and move them. I was just wondering what the thoughts were if the same would have been said about the Rays instead of the Brewers.

On second thought, never mind...he did a great thing for the child. And that is all that matters. Props to ya! :D

Archived