High Schools Using Pro Logos...

ColeJ

around here, many high schools use logos of NFL teams, but in school colors.... that happens a lot of places, i'm sure.

but i think my old alma matter may have just set the bar for idiocy in logo selection.

we've got a school that's a green and white version of the redskins... a royal blue and white carolina panthers...

and now, my old high school... the red oak hawks...

using a maroon and black version of the atlanta falcons logo... for football, baseball, and soccer.

the logo is a big f***ing F....

well, maybe that's fitting, once i think about it.

when i went there, they wore phili eagles logos for freshman-junior, and hawkeyes senior year.

My old High School, The Anoka Tornadoes, has been using the old Atlanta Flames logo for years, but with the school colors of maroon and white with grey trim.

LogoNhlAtlantaFlames.jpg

It's always bugged me a little bit that the logo has flames inside the "A" instead of trying to rework it to have a tornado inside. I suppose an "A", being narrower at the top doesn't really lend itself to a Tornado, which gets widest at the top though.

Still, the flames are an exciting visual element and it's a cooler "A" than some of the others they could have copied from other teams. I'd rather see them use that than the Avalanche logo.

I've also seen a version where they took the Mighty Ducks logo, the one with the "sheild like" shape and the crossed hockey sticks and replaced the duck head with a Tornado. That one was not bad as a secondary logo, but I don't think they ever actually used it on a jersey.

Our rivals from Coon Rapids used to use the football Cardinals logo as well. I don't know if they still do.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

http://www.hbcuspirit.com/letofalcon.htm

This logo is from Leto High it might seem a bit familiar from somewhere,no idea.

I have another logo to show too.

This is the same as another logo down here in Tampa.

braulio-alonso-hs3a.jpg

See this is Braulio Alonso Highs logo. They are the Ravens and this is a pretty much a ripoff of Baltimores logo.

They just simplified and made some basic changes.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

Archived