Nationals Alt Logo Change?

jkrdevil

so, the Nats really are wearing the new patch with the home uniforms today. Anyone have a better graphic of it?

What exactly do you need? You probably won't find a better picture than what's posted above.

just a bigger version with better resolution, I was just seeing if anyone felt adventurous enough to make one.

It's not gonna happen, the capitol dome in the logo. I used to live in DC while in college and working after college for 12 years. The DC politicans, the mayor and the council, didn't want the name "Senators" because it didn't represent DC, not Washington. They made a political issue out of it, how DC don't have representation in Congress. So it's the same thing with the image of the Capitol dome. I know it's pretty stupid but it's just the way it is in DC.

Though I don't agree with it, I understand the objection to "Senators". However, it does not follow that "it's the same thing with the image of the Capitol dome."

That doesn't make sense. Especially when you consider that the Capitols use the dome, that the Nationals used it on their Opening Day tickets and that the dome will be visible from the new stadium.

Can you provide any specific examples of a DC politician objecting to the use of the dome by the team?

Archived