2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Werder is gettin worse - they had no orange, they had some orange, they had a lot of orange, now they have ahelllotof orange + black and yellow BAW logo.

The shirts themselves are the same as last year, only the sponsor has changed

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

it may be that vodafone didn't necessarily wanted out - they just got out bid for the sponsor when their contract expired. a similar thing happened with arsenal - emirates airlines out bid O2 as the main sponsor - but O2 is remaining the official mobile sponsor for the club. I would imagine a similar thing for Man U - vodafone will become a lesser-important sponsor to AIG.

OD_Signature.jpg

I love that sponsor-less shirt. Would be great, but won't happen.

OTOH, when Chelsea was sponsored by Emerates they played a UEFA Cup match in Israel, and to avoid any political controvery they wore sponsorless shirts.

http://www.eurosoccer.com/news/01/1002/s10897.html

You can see a picture of the sponsorless shirts here. Scroll down almost all the way - it's the second shirt from the bottom.

it may be that vodafone didn't necessarily wanted out - they just got out bid for the sponsor when their contract expired. 

That's not the impression that I got at all. From the article:

United have had to find a new backer after current sponsor Vodafone decided to end its £9m-a-year agreement from the end of this season.

it may be that vodafone didn't necessarily wanted out - they just got out bid for the sponsor when their contract expired. 

That's not the impression that I got at all. From the article:

United have had to find a new backer after current sponsor Vodafone decided to end its £9m-a-year agreement from the end of this season.

The answer is right in the BBC article that Gothamite posted earlier:

United's search for a new backer was sparked after Vodafone said in November that it would start sponsoring the Uefa Champions League, both as an official partner and the official mobile network of the competition.

The world's largest mobile phone company by revenue said it would continue to work with United, but that when the Champions League opportunity arose it was "too good to let go".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4882640.stm

What is the logo on the right breast (our left side) of the Real shirt? Is it a new logo for La Liga?

Looks like a version of the 1986 World Cup logo. Maybe La Liga is planning to unveil a scudetto for a cup or league champ

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What is the logo on the right breast (our left side) of the Real shirt? Is it a new logo for La Liga?

Looks like a version of the 1986 World Cup logo. Maybe La Liga is planning to unveil a scudetto for a cup or league champ

No reason for Real to wear it then... ^_^

No reason for Real to wear it then... ^_^

It's the crest of "Best Team os S. XX" on football. Is a creation of the FIFA and UEFA, an award.

racingferrol.png

fcouserbar.png

110bar.png

patribar.png

werder added the orange to play in the interests of their former sponsor - a fashion company who were targeting young buyers and thought the orange might kick things up a notch. Important to note is that before this Werder's traditional home kit was white on green; for '03-04 they added the orange-sleeved green shirt (which is even listed on Colours of Football as the away kit!) and orange trim to the white home to bring that spark...and they won the league. Somebody had the brilliant idea to "not change the winning colors" and voila, now we've got orange and green quarters with a black-box sponsor. brilliant.

on the Barca picture you can see what's probably at least a dummy of the new AC Milan shirt...it's got the adidas logo in the center ala the rest of their kits in the new style.

I don't know if they aren't allowed to be a Champion's League sponsor as well as a club sponsor (the only exception to that I can think of is AJ Auxerre, sponsored by PlayStation) but I would imagine it's more their idea that they can have their advertising money better spent elsewhere. Like McLaren-Mercedes ^_^ I bet Beckham leaving also hurt that deal too...

[edit] back on Page 1 in the "old guys modelling the new Swedish league jerseys" the guy in the green and white Kappa shirt is modelling one for a team sponsored by Benq Seimens, so I would imagine that could give us a glimpse into what the logo Real Madrid are going to use looks like...

harperdc.gif

The BenQ Siemens brand and the way BenQ are going to promote it is still a mystery. Shirt sponsorship is mostly about branding and why would BenQ keep the Siemens bit for the 06-07 season when it is going to disappear from phones very shortly.

There is also another issue, when I look at Werder and Man U photos... the black BAW box and the red AIG one - should sponsors keep their brand colors or try to match the team ones?

The BenQ Siemens brand and the way BenQ are going to promote it is still a mystery. Shirt sponsorship is mostly about branding and why would BenQ keep the Siemens bit for the 06-07 season when it is going to disappear from phones very shortly.

There is also another issue, when I look at Werder and Man U photos... the black BAW box and the red AIG one - should sponsors keep their brand colors or try to match the team ones?

they should do whatever the club want to do. If the club are a big relatively known team in their home country aiming to win their national league more and be even more competitive in Europe (Werder Bremen or even Olympique Lyon, especially for Europe) you may have to sacrifice some of your tradition in order to a few more dollars to compete.

but if you're a Mancester United, an Arsenal, a Real Madrid - soccer elite - well, not only will you have companies coming to you, but you're in more of a position to say "we want you to try and mesh with our traditional colors as much as possible." Works out pretty well for Arsenal that Emirates' colors are red and white anyways, and that they could work in a yellow or gold away kit with blue trim - as per tradition - when a blue-heavy company, Sega, was sponsoring them...and Arsenal are lucky that O2 wanted to sponsor them badly enough that they'd submit to using Arsenal's traditional colors instead of their own (which work much better with their new sponsorship of Sauber-BMW Formula 1).

as much as I am a romantic for certain aspects of sports, including tradition, I also have to be pragmatic about some things, and this is one of them. It's business now - in some cases that can merge with your club's aesthetic, and in some cases it can't.

harperdc.gif

Gothamite Posted on Thursday, April 6th, 2006 - 13:06:18

How the heck did I miss that? The new Arsenal shirt distracted me, I guess.

So they can't sponsor both? Emerates can sponsor both the EPL refs and a club, which nobody seems to view as a conflict of interest.

Its not a conflict of interest, lviing in Manchester as a student, have heard some of the background rumblings.....Man Utd went out of the Champions League at the group stage (finished bottom) so no European football throughout the rest of the year, and went out in 4th round of FA Cup. As they hadn't won anything for a few years Voadfone wer getting a bit upset, and the Champions League deal provides a great sponsorship coverage, so no need to pay more to cross over similar fields....btw the new sponsors logo looks terrible on the United shirt........

So they can't sponsor both? Emerates can sponsor both the EPL refs and a club, which nobody seems to view as a conflict of interest.

Its not a conflict of interest, lviing in Manchester as a student, have heard some of the background rumblings.....Man Utd went out of the Champions League at the group stage (finished bottom) so no European football throughout the rest of the year, and went out in 4th round of FA Cup. As they hadn't won anything for a few years Voadfone wer getting a bit upset, and the Champions League deal provides a great sponsorship coverage, so no need to pay more to cross over similar fields....btw the new sponsors logo looks terrible on the United shirt........

Wow, No need for me to add to this discussion.....For Now

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

they should do whatever the club want to do. If the club are a big relatively known team in their home country aiming to win their national league more and be even more competitive in Europe (Werder Bremen or even Olympique Lyon, especially for Europe) you may have to sacrifice some of your tradition in order to a few more dollars to compete.

but if you're a Mancester United, an Arsenal, a Real Madrid - soccer elite - well, not only will you have companies coming to you, but you're in more of a position to say "we want you to try and mesh with our traditional colors as much as possible." Works out pretty well for Arsenal that Emirates' colors are red and white anyways, and that they could work in a yellow or gold away kit with blue trim - as per tradition - when a blue-heavy company, Sega, was sponsoring them...and Arsenal are lucky that O2 wanted to sponsor them badly enough that they'd submit to using Arsenal's traditional colors instead of their own (which work much better with their new sponsorship of Sauber-BMW Formula 1).

as much as I am a romantic for certain aspects of sports, including tradition, I also have to be pragmatic about some things, and this is one of them. It's business now - in some cases that can merge with your club's aesthetic, and in some cases it can't.

This is apparently a huge issue amongst supporters of Tottenham Hotspur. Their colors are navy and white, but they're stuck with a large red sponsor logo. Red, the color of Spurs' hated neighbor and rival Arsenal.

This really burns a lot of Spurs fans.

Archived