2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi SabreGuy!

In fact there are two clubs in Spanish Primera Division that do not have sponsor logo on the shirts. I don't know exactly how was it in the past with Athletic Bilbao but I'm definetely sure that FC Barcelona has never ever had anything on their chests. Sometimes the idea of getting some extra money appears in the club but it's strongly opposed by the fans. The deal is that fans have real power in few Spanish clubs (Real Madrid is among them as well) which means that every fan paying regular fees has right to vote for the chairman.

So far they stay with tradition and even Nike pays extra for being the only commercial symbol seen on the jerseys.

That sounds like a good way to do it... have Nike pay more. ha ha

So, another side question (and thanks guys, I'm actually learning a lot) is, when you, as a fan, buy a replica jersey to wear, does it generally have the ad on it or not?

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

So, another side question (and thanks guys, I'm actually learning a lot) is, when you, as a fan, buy a replica jersey to wear, does it generally have the ad on it or not?

Yes, the do have ads. Normally you cannot buy it without it. Sometimes they even release replicas of national teams with the ad (in contrary to volleyball and basketball, national football teams cannot advertise during the games). Normally you get them if you buy some products from the sponsor before the World Cup but as far as I member the Irish shirts were sold only with Eircom logo 4 years ago.

Yes, the replicas have ads as well.

Could be. Other clubs have had Champions League only shirts.

They are keeping the yellow and gray, according to the club charter, but it could well be a third kit.

I really hate that patch on the Man U shirt. It's not "retro" - it's just blocky. Diminishes the impact of the club crest (which I guess is okay, since it's not my club).

And SabreGuy, just to add one more thing to the "Fly Emirates" conversation, Chelsea was sponsored by Emirates a couple years ago, and wore the slogan:

kit_home_01-03.jpg

And the Premiership refs are currently sponsored by Emirates:

chrisfoy187x220.jpg

The blue/black Arsenal kit is a fake. It's a Photoshopped Barca kit (thank God).

I doubt you'll see AFC and ManUre in blue change kits in the same year when they're outfitted by the same manufacturer.

At no point in their history has AFC worn blue & black. (Blue, yes. Black, no.)

So what?

There was a time when Arsenal had never worn metallic gold in their history.

There was a time when Arsenal had never worn dark blue in their history.

There was a time when Arsenal had never worn gradients in their history.

Actually, could we go back to that last time? :P

Seriously, though. Even a club like Arsenal isn't bound by the kits of its history for new change kit design.

Aaah, well, thank you all for answering so quickly. I guess I haven't heard of them, becuase they only fly to like 4 cities in the US, and the one I live in is not nearly as big as those four. I believe the only other country where flights go in to and out of the Buffalo Niagara INTERNATIONAL Airport from is Canada. :-P

So... I have a follow up question...

Do football (soccer) fans ever get ticked off because they don't like the sponsor of their team? Do they ever switch teams because they don't like the sponsor?

Like, if all of a sudden Volkswagen is sponsoring your team, and you're like "those cars suck, I bought a VW and it broke after 2 weeks" do you get mad? Do you pick the team sponsored by someone you DO like?

Or are you pretty much able to ignore that giant honkin' sponsor logo? I gotta tell ya, every time I watched Arsenal play, I'd be thinking "man, that emirates thing drives me batty."

Just as an interesting sidenote, no self respecting fan would change alliegiance over a sponsors logo. However many fans would boycott a company for sponsoring an enemy team.

Incidentally somene asked about logos on replica shirts, certainly in the UK kids sized shirts don't have alcohol manufacturers logos on- certainly sometimes. And playing EA sports soccer games you don't get alcohol related logos either.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

A-ha! So if I wanted to stay logo free, I would have to root for a team sponsored by alcohol, and then starve myself till I fit in a kids size! :hockeysmiley:

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Incidentally somene asked about logos on replica shirts, certainly in the UK kids sized shirts don't have alcohol manufacturers logos on- certainly sometimes. And playing EA sports soccer games you don't get alcohol related logos either.

I think the same can be said for gambling-related sponsors.

When I bought the latest FIFA game for my PC, Middlesbrough -- sponsored by some gambling Web site -- had sponsor-less kits. It wasn't until I downloaded a patch for the game that I could play a sponsored Middlesbrough team.

So what?

Seriously, though. Even a club like Arsenal isn't bound by the kits of its history for new change kit design.

Gothamite,

You're right on all points, and we've had some HIDEOUS away kits. I just don't think Arsenal would want a kit that mirrors the team that we just lost the European title to, nor would they want a kit that features a shade that has never been associated with the club (black).

Add black to red and white and you get ManUre.

In a year where Nike is heavily referencing history with many of these designs, they'd have little point in making an Arsenal kit that didn't reflect the club.

Doug

Just as an interesting sidenote, no self respecting fan would change alliegiance over a sponsors logo. However many fans would boycott a company for sponsoring an enemy team.

Which is why Celtic and Rangers have the same sponsor - no company wants to take sides in that rivalry....

So what?

Gothamite,

You're right on all points, and we've had some HIDEOUS away kits. I just don't think Arsenal would want a kit that mirrors the team that we just lost the European title to, nor would they want a kit that features a shade that has never been associated with the club (black).

Add black to red and white and you get ManUre.

In a year where Nike is heavily referencing history with many of these designs, they'd have little point in making an Arsenal kit that didn't reflect the club.

Doug

I'm with you on the Barca thing, but your objection to black doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

By that logic, Arsenal would never have let Nike use the dark blue of Spurs.

Archived