2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so this is totally off topic (not the first time I have asked an off-topic question in the history if this thread) but, does anyone know why they are called "kits?" Not "uniforms" or "clothes" or "jersies." Kits.

It has been driving me nuts. I really hate the word "kit," and so I hope there's some logical reason for using it. I mean, I can understand "first aid kit" and "My First Magic Kit" and even "Model Airplane Kit," but "Football Kit?" I don't get it.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

OK, so this is totally off topic (not the first time I have asked an off-topic question in the history if this thread) but, does anyone know why they are called "kits?" Not "uniforms" or "clothes" or "jersies." Kits.

It has been driving me nuts. I really hate the word "kit," and so I hope there's some logical reason for using it. I mean, I can understand "first aid kit" and "My First Magic Kit" and even "Model Airplane Kit," but "Football Kit?" I don't get it.

Just one of those British idiosyncracies, I'm sure in other languages they have their own little references.

Of course, being an American and all, you can just choose to stick it to the Brits and call them "uniforms," and "jerseys" if you like. They're already pissed at us for calling the game soccer... ^_^

I'm not Brit, but I like British frases. Kit is not just a shirt (also proper British, not jersey) it's the complete uniform. Why kit, probably as every other kit, it's made up of more then one part. Aussies call it Guernsey.

Another off topic stattement. This topic is titled 2006-2007, should we open a new topic or rename this topic into 2007-2008?

They also like blue and red in Newcastle, here's their new away shirt

I don't want to be all snobby or anything, but you might want to look through the thread before you post a kit. Having repeated kits (or even worse, fake Liverpool ones :mad: ) only clutter the thread. Otherwise, though, welcome, and if you find anything new or worthwhile, feel free to put it up!

Serie C champions:

juve11ai.jpg

Hahahaha....Serie C Champs!!! hahaha

Regardless, the Juventus crest= classy. The Club= not so classy. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Serie C champions:

juve11ai.jpg

Agreed,The Old Lady will still look good slumming in Serie C....Wonder if sponsors have bailout clause for relegation?

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Serie C champions:

juve11ai.jpg

Agreed,The Old Lady will still look good slumming in Serie C....Wonder if sponsors have bailout clause for relegation?

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Fullham

odd shoulderthing

merch_newkit_0607_1.jpg

This design, especially the shoulders, reminds me a lot of the Nike template used on Arsenal's yellow away kits and ManU's blue away kits:

Manukids_Blue2006_s.jpg

Reminds me of Liverpool's away kit from approx 2001

08_1_b.JPG

liverpool-1.png

Archived