2006-2007 European football kits

kc51design

Speaking of eBay, the knockoffs are up. Here's a purported Arsenal away shirt:

THere are a bunch of Arsenal home shirts knock-offs. There are some with no Nike logo, some with fake names and numbers, some with misspelled names.

Atleast there are a couple that are real that I might bid on.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those spurs kits are now my favorites of all time :)

brown and black, with gold accents, and a red sponsor. that's my kind of color scheme :)

Brown and golden are the colours of a Spurs kit they used back in the 19th century. Brown is not a typical soccer colour, actually quite unpopular with other sports also... I guess the black referee kits used until the 90s stopped the Spurs from going retro brown. I do like this one.

As do I, except for the fact that it's Spurs.

PSG has a new sponsor I believe.

Air Emirates, same as Arsenal. What's odd is that on the markups I've seen, the vertical stripe stops in the middle where the sponsor logo goes. This one doesn't seem to have a place for the sponsor logo.

That's what I'd guess, as well.

Arsenal has usually worn regular Premiership numbers (without the Prem logo) in Europe, but last year they switched to the Nike numbers in Champions League matches. Worked well for us, and I'd like to see us continue to use special numbers in the CL this year.

As no great lover of Spurs, I'm relieved to see that their change kits are hideous. The shirts by themselves are very sharp, but with monochromatic shorts and socks the brown is way too much. Had they used white shorts, they might actually have looked good. :P

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...=71541099&cdi=0

No names on the back - interesting.

It would appear Liverpool are wearing the adidas WC style numbers and lettering in Europe this season as well. Red on the white/green away kit might look a little funny though :(

liverpool-1.png

even Real Madrid did it last year when they played in the U.S...

I hope we stick with the Nike numbers - goridedelini theorized the ones Nike will start to use for their clubs look close to the Australia and Croatia WC numbers...

harperdc.gif

even Real Madrid did it last year when they played in the U.S...

I hope we stick with the Nike numbers - goridedelini theorized the ones Nike will start to use for their clubs look close to the Australia and Croatia WC numbers...

Doug, you can just call me Brian on here. And yes. It is my theory that Nike will use the numbers seen on Australia, Croatia, and India's national team kits for their club teams. This is further supported by looking at some of the wallpapers in the products section of nikesoccer.com. Look closely at the genero-uniformed players in the background, and you will see that the numbers that they have on their shorts are the same as those worn by Croatia and Australia during the World Cup. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

OD_Signature.jpg

Celtic wore the Australia style numbers during the US Tour so unless Nike give the option to each team I think that is the standard. I know Inter had a different number set though. It might be one they chose though they normally stuck with whatever Nike made the default in prior seasons.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rumor going around now on the official Arsenal board is that the club has changed its mind about the away kit (they were going to keep the one introduced last year but change the sponsor).

Apparently, Arsenal wanted to move the crest from the center to the left breast, and they figured if they were going to make several changes they might as well just change the whole thing.

Here's the new away shirt being reported:

http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00ltv5.jpg

I would tend to believe this. It means that the one seen on eBay was legit.

i could still potentially see this as being a fake - none of the nike shirts have the piping all the way around the bottom of the shirt - it goes along the back only. Secondly, the canon on the back of the neck is in the metallic gold - doesn't seem right when the shirt is yellow. Also, the collar seems to be similar to the home shirt, but it's not quite right. It comes too far to the middle and doesn't stand up enough. Also, the piping on the sleeves is thinner than any other shirt nike has unveiled. I could be wrong, but these are things that I see as potentially making this jersey a fake.

However, if it's the real deal, this is a nice away shirt for the gunners to be wearing.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived