kc51design

2006-2007 European football kits

Australia are playing Kuwait tonight and they Kuwaitis are wearing numbers that look like a uniformly bold version of the EPL numbers. I reckon they're terrific.

Getty Images coverage of the game

I think other leagues used the font that MLS uses first, but yeah, a bunch of them are using it now. I like it as a league font.

The SPL used them after MLS. I think the French used either the same season (which started after MLS) or the season before. Everyone else has slowly picked up those numbers after MLS. Not that MLS spawned the trend, most likely Ligue1 did.

I called the Onionbag about ordering Man U's kits with Champions League numbers. He says that Man U's CL numbers will feature the MUFC logo on them and that they should be similar to what Arsenal rolled out. The shirts will be available Sept 1st.

Australia are playing Kuwait tonight and they Kuwaitis are wearing numbers that look like a uniformly bold version of the EPL numbers. I reckon they're terrific.

Getty Images coverage of the game

Almost...

for some reason, the goalkeeper's numbers are Peignot (Real Madrid's numbers until the most recent change), while everyone else is wearing Optima (the EPL numbers).

Odd.

The keeper is wearing an Adidas keeper kit - the rest of the team is wearing a Puma cellerator knock-off kit. Also, the shorts numbers on the player kit do not match jersey numbers (at least from what I saw in one pic)

Mancherster United has new away kits.

prd_maxzoom_158292-100.jpg

dummy.jpg

dummy_3.jpg

The Man U kits will be available August 31st. Which sucks because they debut next weekend v Charlton.

I hate ManU with a passion, but their kits this season are quite nice.

The red one is shocking when you see it in the stores.

The red one is shocking when you see it in the stores.

Shocking can go two ways. To which are you referring? Shocking bad or shocking good?

I'm just glad Nike's gotten rid of the last of the Total 90 stuff. I never was a huge fan - I like stuff to be simple.

nike by far has the best kits in europe, adidas is nice to, only if they decide to get rid of that stripe going across the chest.

Spurs new away kits:

spurssf1.jpg

I saw these in action vs Bolton. They Puma and Spurs logos are almost the same size. It almost looks like the Puma logo is on both sides when the players are running around. They should have put som kind of navy blue outline on the cockerel to make it stand out.

I thought that new Spurs logo would look really iconic but its just too small to stand out and I'm a bit disappointed with the end product.

(Well not really as I can't stand Spurs but from an aesthetic viewpoint!)

I think the new crest works on the white shirt, but you're right - it blends in to the brown and blue shirts.