Rollins' hit streak ends at 38

slapshot

I was hoping that Rollins would break the record because I wanted to see what people would say because his streak would have been over a span of two seasons. Seriously, I don't understand why people would put an asterisk next to it if Rollins did break the record. 57 games is 57 games, off season or not.

I was hoping that Rollins would break the record because I wanted to see what people would say because his streak would have been over a span of two seasons. Seriously, I don't understand why people would put an asterisk next to it if Rollins did break the record. 57 games is 57 games, off season or not.

For my money, Rollins having to do it over the span of two seasons would be more impressive.

IUe6Hvh.png

i totaly agree it would even be more impressive. if your going to put an asterisk becide any name it should be barry bonds. but to bad rollins didnt break the record

Impressive streak, but I don't see why "experts" compare his streak or talk about him passing Joe when he's something like 20 hits behind? Get into the mid-to-late 40's and THEN we can talk about him, or anyone else for that matter, catching the record. It's like Mercury Morris from the '72 Dolphins once said when the Colts were something like 11-0: "Don't talk to me when they're in my city. Talk to me when they're on my block."

I'm fine with the streak ending because I was already getting sick of the talk about if it should be the same as DiMaggio's record or not because Rollins' streak was over two seasons, etc., etc.

I guess now we don't have to worry. :)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived