Change 1 thing about your team's uniform

Hat Boy

The point of this exercise is to think of ONE thing you could change about your favorite team's uniform, not ramble off everything you don't like about it.

For me, I wish the Red Sox would bring back the red/white/blue sock of the past.

aabc040.jpg

I agree - although another thing I'd also do is have the Sox go back to the old navy blue block "BOSTON" script on the road unis. I loved those road jerseys.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clippers:

Move to San Diego and go back to the powder blue and orange colors.

Agreed on the Clippers. Been wanting that for years now. Don't forget the cool nautical flags spelling out Clippers on the pants.

Chargers: Match pant bolts to those of the jersey and helmet (currently the pant bolts zig zag much more than do the bolts on the jersye and helmet.).

Am I the only one that likes the current Brewers unis and script? Maybe you could add the glove to the current uni....

You're not the only one, there are others of us that stay away from the ball-in-glove Kool-Aid here ;)

As for the ball-in-glove on the current uniforms, I'd rather see them put the Milwaukee script on the away jersey.

QPR%20Sig.png

OK...for me:

Arizona Cardinals: Black or Red facemasks. And, come up with a secondary logo as well.

Indiana Pacers: Remove the stupid wordmarks off of the butt area (!).

Arizona Diamondbacks: Bring back the Purple alt! Sorry; I liked those. I actually think that they need to clean up their whole look...they've got too many things going on there.

Pittsburgh Penguins: Reintstate the "hummingbird" logo as the primary logo. I STILL like that logo better.

U. of North Texas - football: Put either an "NT" monogram on the helmets, or one of the newer Eagle logos. Basketball: Have to admit; I really haven't seen them yet.

Purdue U. - football: Put a White stripe between the two Black stripes on the pants; why wouldn't they make them match the helmet stripes? It looks like a mistake. Basketball: Overhaul these things. The lettering looks like they use iron-ons.

Detroit Tigers - They were named after the stripes on their socks. I'll take 3.

Detroit Red Wings - Nothing. (They could use a better wordmark though.)

Detroit Pistons - Teal and Maroon - Just kidding. Nothing.

Detroit Lions - NO BLACK. Think throwback jersey with Leaping Lion on the helmet.

MSU Spartan Football - Names on the back of the jerseys. Stripes on the helmets and pants. MICHIGAN STATE in block letters on the jerseys.

MSU Spartan Basketball - MICHIGAN STATE in block letters on the jerseys.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Wisconsin: heh, I'd put Bucky on there somewhere. where, I have no clue.

Notre Dame: put the ND back on the sleeves. heh, it's what I knew growing up

Packers: heh, not a thing.

Bears: see Packers

Bucks: switch the green and purple

Avs: can't think of anything

Cubs: bring back Cuba! :hockeysmiley: (well, he did say one)

Crew: go back to 96.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Packers - go back to the slightly pointer G of the early 60s.

Brewers - I agree, Milwaukee on any road unis.

Bucks - Add gasoline and matches and start over.

Wisconsin - Bucky should be on there someplace. I'd consider adapting the throwback helmets with Bucky on the front and back (where the W's were and keeping the Motion W on the side as it has become linked to the Alvarez-era success. Basketball - get rid of the wide shoulders. Hockey - Get Bucky on the helmets.

Marquette - Change nickname on the front to LAND ROBBERS.

UW-Green Bay - See Bucks. Current design looks like a practice uni. At the very least, get some decent lettering.

UW-Milwaukee - Don't like the lettering but generally a good design.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Pitts Pens: Keep the current set, go to yellow gold and have a yellow alt the exact same as home/away

Pitts Pirates: Add a black alt with the current script and outline in white. Make the Pirates do rag yellow.

Celtics: leave and drop the 2 other green alts.

TB Bucs: Add outline around the names like the numbers have.

KISSwall09.jpg

Hornets: Drop the gold; back to "New Orleans" on all jerseys (sure, they wont be here ever again, so give us that for one more season"; and if they do come back, make Utah give us "Jazz" back and give them "Hornets", which ties in much more to that whole Beehive State thing than Jazz.... I mean, really, do Mormons even allow jazz?

When are you guys going to stop bitching about the Jazz being the "Utah Jazz"? Larry H. Miller isn't going to sell the team nor the name anytime soon! The fact is that we've had the name since 1979 and during that time the organization has has some of the best years any sporting franchise could ever wish for. Why would they want to make a change at this stage in the game?

When are you guys going to stop bitching about the Jazz being the "Utah Jazz"? Larry H. Miller isn't going to sell the team nor the name anytime soon! The fact is that we've had the name since 1979 and during that time the organization has has some of the best years any sporting franchise could ever wish for. Why would they want to make a change at this stage in the game?

Because, as Street & Smith's noted back in 1979, the Utah Jazz is the most inappropriate nickname since "Tricky Dick"...

(those of us who remember Watergate will appreciate that one...)

:P

When are you guys going to stop bitching about the Jazz being the "Utah Jazz"?  Larry H. Miller isn't going to sell the team nor the name anytime soon!  The fact is that we've had the name since 1979 and during that time the organization has has some of the best years any sporting franchise could ever wish for.  Why would they want to make a change at this stage in the game?

Because, as Street & Smith's noted back in 1979, the Utah Jazz is the most inappropriate nickname since "Tricky Dick"...

"Tricky" Dick Trickle?

When are you guys going to stop bitching about the Jazz being the "Utah Jazz"?  Larry H. Miller isn't going to sell the team nor the name anytime soon!  The fact is that we've had the name since 1979 and during that time the organization has has some of the best years any sporting franchise could ever wish for.  Why would they want to make a change at this stage in the game?

And you think by your complaining it's actually going to accomplish something?

That's what this board is about...discussing our opinions on these and other logo/uniform items. It's what we do. We nitpick and complain about EVERYTHING in this little world of sports graphics. It's our right to complain. Just as it's yours to defend the nickname "Jazz".

Texas Rangers: lose the blue alts, or at least use them less (been doing better in that)

Dallas Mavericks: change the aways to the lighter blue with navy trim

Dallas Cowboys: make uniforms uniforms (no more one sleeve stripe... or two... or NONE!!!)

Dallas Stars: update the logos (unis are good)

Texas A&M (football): go back to the more abstract neck and sleeve trim of the late-90s

28alamo1.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That's what this board is about...discussing our opinions on these and other logo/uniform items. It's what we do. We nitpick and complain about EVERYTHING in this little world of sports graphics. It's our right to complain. Just as it's yours to defend the nickname "Jazz".

True

Reds - A black alt

Bengals - get rid of the silly mismatch on the side panels of the pants

Blue Jackets- change the number font

Sixers - more red!.

Bearcats - Old number font

and firing nancy might not hurt

a black alt for the Reds?

ACK.

Black should be banished from the Reds period. I was in Jim Bowden's office one afternoon and he showed me some Reds promo stuff, including a C-Reds logo in red-black-white. Little did I know where it was heading.

You're right about the Bengals, tho. The side panel has to go. Other than that, I don't mind 'em. This coming from someone who moved to Cincinnati in 72, when they were wearing those old unis with BENGALS on the side of the helmet. I miss those.

I mean as a batting practice jersey, it would look real cool.

AHH! the dreaded 666 post! Hurry post quick!

Archived