Change 1 thing about your team's uniform

Hat Boy

Mariners: Either change the numbers on the alt to block font or ditch the alt entirely.

Seahawks: Change the pant striping on the white pants by adding "Seahawk Blue" stripes on either side of the navy-lime-navy.

"Jesus is for Losers" - Steve Taylor

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one change? That's a great bit of conceptual discipline.

Nationals: Switch to the DC logo on the road caps.

Twins: Go back to the M caps at home.

Brewers: Put "Milwaukee" on the regular road jerseys.

Capitals: Use the eagle logo on both shirts.

Giants/Dogers: Switch team names.

Team USA baseball: Only wear the blue cap.

20082614447.png

Pirates - Maybe add a yellow alt cap. If it was like the mustard yellows from the 60s. Otherwise - Nothing

Steelers - Nothing

Pens - Noting, maybe add a throwback blue jersey

I'm lucky that Pittsburgh is one of the best dressed cities in sports.

Now, for my secondary teams

Devil Rays - Green caps at home, black with green bill on the road, more blue, less black overall

I am not a fan, but, Browns - Orange pants wit brown jerseys all the time!

This is simple for me...

Every Single Major League Baseball Team with Alternate Uniform(s):

Pick one day of the week. I do not care which one. I do not care if different teams choose different days of the week. Whatever day you choose, that is the only day that you can wear an alternate uniform. The other six days of the week, you wear your road uniforms if you're the away team, and you must wear your home uniforms if you're the home team.

I will allow for two exceptions to this rule:

1. On designated baseball holidays, such as opening day, Jackie Robinson Day, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and Labor Day; teams may opt to wear alternates.

2. If a team has two uniforms of the same basic color scheme, they can designate both as a home or road uniform.

As an example, the New York Mets, would be allowed to wear either their pinstriped-white or solid white home uniforms as their home set (and to switch between them). The grey roads would be their designated road set. Both black sets would be limited to the day of the week the Mets designated for alternates.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

I like it because as a fan of uniforms and logos, I do not want to limit a team's options. On the other hand, as a traditionalist, I'd like to see less of the alternate sets and more of the regular sets. I think this would strike a balance, and make teams wear their "normal" sets most of the time.

Saints - Change all the gold to the "coppery" color used on their first uni's. No change to the current design, just change all the gold to this one shade.

si6080.jpeg

Texas Rangers - I rather liked the script jersey font of the 90's.

10107103.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yankees: Use this interlocking NY on the home uniforms; the other one looks collapsed.

NYY_7205.gif

Ugh.

Out of the three "NY" logos, that's the one I don't like. Give me the one on the cap anyday.

What do you mean "collapsed"?

NYY_1262.gif

Collapsed might have been a bad word but the other NY logo looks more organized. If it makes you feel better I love the retro ball in glove Brewers logo.

newyorkSC06.gif

Dallas Stars - add gold 3rd...otherwise leave it alone.

Texas Rangers - dump the vests...NOW!

Dallas Mavericks - lose the green alt and never dig up the silver one.

Dallas Cowboys - nothing. I don't care about the blue discreapancy.

Texas Longhorns - perfect, don't touch it!

Austin Ice Bats - PICK A UNIFORM AND STICK WITH IT. And come up with something original like Laredo. Cloning NHL uniforms is not creative. Let's see.... we've been the Austin Ice Panthers, the Ice Thrashers, the Ice Blues and now the Ice Predators. What's next year? The Ice Ducks? Can't wait.

newsig.jpg

Pittsburgh Pirates: Add the yellow-Clemente era cap to the alt. and eliminate the ugly yellow brim-black hat

i think they did ditch the Yellow billed hat this year.

i would love to see the yellow hat/black billed hat.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Yankees: Use this interlocking NY on the home uniforms; the other one looks collapsed.

NYY_7205.gif

Ugh.

Out of the three "NY" logos, that's the one I don't like. Give me the one on the cap anyday.

That is the one on the Cap. They do need to put that one the uniform although it would need to be bolder.

Blues: Have the trim that borders the shoulder color on the chest and back continue and meet at the end of the shoulder color

Cardinals: Red hat both home and road

Rams: Solid Navy pants ONLY with white jersey.

Mitch

I take lame to a new level.

Yankees: go with one version of interlocking NY, create new road jersey that features that in lieu of block "New York" and midnight blue piping.

Bills: full return to vintage unis, home and away

Devils: add black alt.

I don't really have an NBA team

SUNY-Albany: ditch the black jerseys, embrace the purple (I'm sorry Paul Lukas, wherever you are).

Chicago Bears--Sometime in the mid 1960s the Bears had a navy blue collar on their road jerseys. I alwasy liked it. I think it works out pretty well with either the navy or white pants...Plus, the Bears were always at their best as a "blue collar" team :P

7fd0e6fe.jpg

Chicago Cubs--a couple of tweakings I would make here. Take the home whites back to the way they were in 1991 (except the red outline on the numbers)-trade the current blue alternate for the solid blue road jersey used from 1983-1989, and limit the alternates to only on the road. But if I could only make ONE change it would be to get rid of the rid brimmed caps on the road. They never sat well with me.

Chicago Bulls-Other than ditching the black alternate they're solid.

Northwestern Wildcats Football--Go back to the uniforms they wore in 1995 Rose Bowl years.

Packers: Replace yellow gold with a metallic yellow (not brown or puke green) shade of gold.

Brewers: Replace navy blue with royal blue.

Bucks: Eliminate purple forever.

Wisconsin football: Wear red pants with white jerseys.

Wisconsin basketball: Go back to Stu Jackson-era early '90s jerseys.

Wisconsin hockey: Replace "WISCONSIN" with motion W only on white jerseys.

NHL: Go back to white home jerseys.

Packers-2.png

Braves - Blue alt, drop the alt cap, I'd like to see them wearing the circa 1985 Dale Murphy pullovers, too, especially the powder blues...

Colts - Navy Blue Facemasks or whatever shade the jerseys are

NY Giants - new road jersey with some blue in it.

49ers - go back to the Joe Montana era uniform

Auburn Basketball - return to the throwbacks they wore this season (Barkley era). The SEC needs to do that throughout.

Auburn Football - perfect.

Troy - a black alt, and simplified helmet logo

Columbus Cottonmouths - modernized snake head logo, but leave those great sweaters alone, especially the black/blue one.

Georgia Force - reduce the number of bolts on the jersey, make them less cartoonish.

Michigan: Nothing (though a return of the "pride stickers", in moderation, may be cool:

howardheisman.jpg

Pistons: Nothing.

Red Wings: Nothing.

Patriots: Either a new red alt, or wear the throwbacks once a year.

Tigers: Nothing, though I would like to see them wear a throwback road jersey every now and then. I loved these jerseys:

19583.jpg

spikes.jpg

Archived