Change 1 thing about your team's uniform

Hat Boy

Falcons: Bring back a red helmet

Thrashers: Add the T-bird as a patch on the plain sleeve of the Blueland jerseys, that sleeve is too plain with just the number.

Nationals: Come up with a real logo.

Pitt football: Return of the the Mustard Yellow/Royal Blue combo.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White Sox: add the slightest amount of red trim a la 1959.

Bears: no alts ever.

Bulls: "Chicago" script on the roads. Just borrow from the White Sox

NIU football: perfection

NIU sports in general: emphasize red not black.

North Carolina basketball: no collarbone stripes.

I know they won't ever do this, but I'd like the Tigers to put some element of orange in their home uniforms!

I'm the opposite on this one. I not only want them to leave the jerseys as is, but I want the names on the backs removed immediately. They just don't look right being there to me and I think they should go the way of the Cubs and Yankees and go without.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I know it may appear self-promotional, but there's a reason I made a few of these...

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Use this at home and this on the road. Alternatively, go back to using the jerseys you had before you switched to Reebok.

Winnipeg Goldeyes The jerseys look great - classy and classic - but stop using the darn G on the hat and use the real logo. Oh, and make those jerseys available as replicas, not the raglan-sleeved ripoffs you currently sell.

Manitoba Moose Not a dang thing. Thank you, Sterling.

Toronto Raptors I don't care at this point, just pick a look and stick with it.

Denver Broncos Resist the urge to make the orange jerseys full-timers. The past is gone. Orange is 4 Super Bowl losses. Dark blue is two Super Bowl wins.

Colorado Avalanche Ditch the dumb third jersey. Develop your own heritage, and don't try to artificially create a historic or traditional look.

Toronto Blue Jays Probably the most difficult of all of them, this will be a 6-step process.

1. Gather up everything ever produced that's associated with this current look.

2. Pile it up.

3. Pour gasoline all over until well saturated.

4. Light a match.

5. Run.

6. Use this at home and this on the road.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Packers - Maybe put a patch on the hip with the state outline-football player logo. They're pretty close to perfect.

Badgers - Either put everybody in Aachen Bold numbers (basketball) or nobody. And I'd prefer nobody.

Brewers - What else? Milwaukee on the roadies.

Bucks - Ditto. Barring that, bring back Bango.

Marquette - Bring back the Bo Ellis untucked shirts!

UW-Green Bay - Bring back the original curved-letter UWGB on the front. Whatever you do, get rid of the current set -

cordero_barkley.jpg

which has the WORST lettering I have ever seen. Looks like a sixth-grade team.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Ohio State: Eddie era jersey's (NUMBERS!!)

276807.jpg

Browns

Home: Brown jersey Orange pants STRIPED SOX

Road: White jersey, White pants (w/ thin stripes) striped sox

Same helmet as CURRENT (grey facemask)

NO ORANGE JERSY, NO BROWN PANTS

BRING BACK BROWNIE!!!!

Cavaliers:

SAME just even ouit the colors on the jerseys or totally eliminate navy, and add a gold alt.

Indians, 1997 jerseys.....period

These browns unis, with a grey facemask

brownniekwfdsr.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

For the New England Teams...

On the current Patriots away uniforms I would change thier socks from blue stripes to red. That way the stripes would look more like the American flag.

On the Bruins I would bring back the old golden headed bear secondary logo for the shoulders

On the Red Sox I would add a patch on the sleeve of the uniform with the Sox logo on it

On the Celtics I would put black shoes on both the home and away uniforms back.

...and though not a team from New England I would like the Philadelphia Flyers to add a Liberty Bell secondary logo to their sleeves.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Maple Leafs: ditch the silver.

Personally I would like to see the Leafs go completely vintage, like this concept. Since the topic, however, states I could only change one thing, I would have to ditch the silver on the current Leafs home and road uniforms.

Nats: Switch to the DC logo on the navy road cap.

Twins: Use the M cap with all uniform combinations.

Kernels: Adopt a CR logo on the cap.

Astros: Eliminate the home pinstripe uniform in its entirety.

Red Sox: Switch from navy blue to forest green in all uniform elements. (I just like the way the St. Patrick's Day green Sox caps look enough that I'd like to see them in the regular uniform.)

Cubs: Go back to the style of the 1948 road jersey.

Overall, in MLB, I'd like to see at least one team adopt cap piping and at least one more team adopt non-gray road unis, each of which would qualify as the "one change" for that team. But I don't actually care which team does either of these things.

20082614447.png

Mets: No more black. Period.

Rangers: No more drop-shadowed numbers

Nets: A little more red accent on the road uni

Jets: Just don't wear the unitards and I'm fine...

PSU Football: B/C Nike insists on the swoosh on the uniform, put it in the middle of the collar, that way the jersey is still symmetrical

My Former High School: Go back to the Green, Athletic Gold, and White, not just green and white...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

UNC basketball: Go back to last year's uniforms.

UNC football: the team in them. Err, how about making the pant stripes match the ones on the helmets?

UNC in general: Get some consistency with the Carolina blues. There are at least 4 distinct shades of Carolina blue on the Dean Dome alone, not even counting what the fans wear.

Panthers: Redo the logo. It's cool and all that they tried to make it look like the shape of the Carolinas, but really, it just makes it look more awkward than it needs to be.

Hurricanes: Black pants and helmets on the dark uniforms to tone the brightness down a bit. My eyes are still recovering from the assault they took during the '02 cup final against the Redwings.

Bobcats: There's way too much wrong here to fix with just one tweak, so I say they negotiate a deal with Utah and New Orleans to get the Hornets and Jazz names back to their rightful homes.

Miami Dolphins:

Change the nameplate font.

Toronto Raptors:

Eliminate the stripe across the butt on the shorts.

Toronto Argos:

Bring back the old uniform pants, replace the siver with the light blue, and also make a navy version of it.

Toronto Maple Leafs:

Modernize the crest logo. It's so extremely 70's dated it drives me nuts.

Toronto Blue Jays: (this is more than one thing, sorry)

Make lettering Black on home & roads.

Change away numbering to Black with Silver & Blue outline.

Change home numbering to Blue with Silver & Black outline.

Add a permanent sleeve patch and sleeve piping to match the pants stripe on the uniforms.

Add a Graphite Road Alternate uniform. :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

PADRES: I know I'll get blasted but return to Brown and Gold. If not, then at least switch to grey road unis with a script "San Diego" across the front.

CHARGERS: As much as I love seeing the powder blues once or twice a season, I REALLY love the current uniforms just the way they are.

BUCS: Again I fell in love with the team because of the creamsicle uniforms but I like their current look the way it is.

KINGS: I'm with bucfan. Ditch the "Sacramento" text.

NORWICH CITY: The one bad thing I saw on the sidelines is now gone. I'd like to see a return to the road kits from last year but the whites are growing on me.

LA GALAXY: Make the sash go all the way up and not just to the shoulder.

other teams: I'd like to see the Orioles and Brewers use their city names on their road unis. I'd love to see the Cubs return to their old solid blue road unis with the primary logo. I'd like to see the Giants and Dodgers jerseys torn, burned and stained with...no I'm a decent human being. I shouldn't be thinking those things about other people just because of the team they play for.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I know they won't ever do this, but I'd like the Tigers to put some element of orange in their home uniforms!

Also, the Pistons need to bring back the horse logo (but keep the blue and red colors), the Lions need to change their logo and the Wings need a third.

wow I disagree on everything you have just said. But if I was to change one thing I would lighten up the gray on the Tigers Away uni's

Toronto Blue Jays: I like the ideas mentioned a little bit ago regarding the letters & numbers. My own idea would probably have blue added to the BP cap, possibly an alternate cap.

Calgary Flames: I like the current unis, I'd use the 1989 style as an alternate

London Knights: take the current green third base, put the crests that are on the white and black unis on it.

Archived