Birmingham team to wear Bible-themed jerseys

OHLArenaGuide

"For the first time in sports history, a professional franchise will wear Bible-themed jerseys during a game. On Saturday, May 5th, the Birmingham Steeldogs arena football team will don jerseys with the name of Bible hero ?SAMSON? embroidered on the front as they take on the Louisville Fire at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex. Specific Bible chapter and verse references will be created by combining the names and numerals on the backs of each player."

http://arenadigest.com/news/2006/april/steeldogs_jerseys.htm

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evidently you folks have never heard of the "Bible Belt". I have the feeling its going to play very well down there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Evidently you folks have never heard of the "Bible Belt".  I have the feeling its going to play very well down there.

I live in Oklahoma, the so-called "Beltbuckle of the Bible Belt", and I find them to be nothing short of lame and a cheap ploy to attract churchgoers to an AF2 game. I'm sure other people in the "Bible Belt" will see them the same way.

But...eh, it's probably for some sort of church night. Nothing to get your panties in a twist over.

it did mention in the article that it was to help some ministries but still they could have figured out a better way to do that.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

that rediculous. what about the nonreligous type, i for one would be offended.

What's there to be offended about?

the fact that they are pushing a particular religion.

the act of pushing religion i find rather offending.

just playing DEVILS advocate , but the New Jersey DEVILS and the Tampa Bay DEVIL Rays play with little fanfare and even the NHL allows.....SATAN 91 himself to play!!!So I say give these folks their obscure night that we are only further promoting by discussing it. It does seem odd. Will the players be allowed to curse while wearing the jersies?

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

just playing DEVILS advocate , but the New Jersey DEVILS and the Tampa Bay DEVIL Rays play with little fanfare and even the NHL allows.....SATAN 91 himself to play!!!So I say give these folks their obscure night that we are only further promoting by discussing it. It does seem odd. Will the players be allowed to curse while wearing the jersies?

i could see the fight against the NJ Devils and even the Duke BlueDevils being that they are referance to a satanic image, but the TB DevilRays is a stretch. but being that this has nothing to do with the teams original namesake thats just overly tacky.

Archived