2003/04 nba preview

NJTank

I have made my 2003/04 NBA Precictions click below to view them and weigh in with your own picks.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nba/nba2004.html

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think you would be made to go with anyone apart form the Lakers for the whole thing this year. However beyond this year for them might be interesting.

In the east, I would go for the Pistons personally, Brown working the old magic again. The Nets will go well, and I reckon on the Magic also doing well. However the east in general does look weak.

In the west, well all 8 playoff teams would stand a chance against any team from the east, such is the wests dominance right now, the Mavericks, Kings, and the Rockets as an outsider to go well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here are my predictions

EAST

Atlantic

1. Nets*

2. Sixers*

3. Magic*

4. Heat

5. Celtics

6. Wizards

7. Knicks

What do the Orlando Magic and Philly 76ers have in common? They both are former one-player teams who made big moves this year in getting a viable #2 guy, and they both will make a run for the Atlantic division. unfortunatly neither will suceed as the Nets will once again take the division.

Central

1. Pistons*

2. Hornets*

3. Pacers*

4. Bucks*

5. Raptors*

6. Bulls

7. Cavaliers

8. Hawks

The Pistons will still dominate the regular season, esp. with talented young big men. New Orleans, perhaps the leagues most underrated team, will make a great run in their last year in the East before the tough move to the west.

WEST

Midwest

1. Mavericks*

2. Spurs*

3. T-Wolves*

4. Rockets*

5. Grizzles*

6. Nuggets

7. Jazz

The leagues best division from top to bottom (well, except the jazz) The defending champs will have a good year but the Mavs, who have perhaps the best scoring starting 5 in history should win the division and make run at their first NBA Finals.

Pacific

1. Kings*

2. Lakers*

3. Suns*

4. Portland

5. Sonics

6. Warriors

7. Clippers

Ok, first of all don't believe the hype. the Lakers are not the greatest team ever assembled. With that said, they will be good cause, well, they are the lakers. But as long as c-web stays healthy, the forgotten Kings will take the division for the second year in a row

PLAYOFFS

round 1

Nets over Raptors

Sixers over Magic

Hornets over Pacers

Pistons over Bucks

------------------

Mavericks over Grizzlies

Lakers over Suns

Rockets over Kings

Spurs over T-Wolves

round 2

Nets over Sixers

Hornets over Pistons

--------------------

Mavericks over Lakers

Spurs over Rockets

round 3

Hornets over Nets

Mavericks over Spurs

MAVERICKS over HORNETS

Finals MVP: Nowitzki

awards:

NBA MVP: Jason Kidd, NJ

ROY: Carmelo Anthony, DEN

Def. Player: Ben Wallace, DET

Azzuri.gif

The reason i pick the Mavs is simple, they can have a lineup that goes like this:

G Steve Nash

G Michael Finley

F Antoine Walker

F Antawn Jamison

C Dirk Nowitzi

that is a solid lineup. 4 all stars and one guy with all star potential. not to mention the supporting cast which is more than capable. i understandd about the lakers having 4 future hall of famers. but the way i see it Malone is over the hill and Payton is gettin there. Kobe may miss half the season with legal troubles even if he is acquitted, and i think the recent Kobe/Shaq fued may tear up the team. Dont get me wrong, the Lakers are really good, esp in the playoffs. but i think the Mavs have cray enuff firepower to take em down in a hard fought series. this is gonna be a crazy year in the NBA, and only one thing is for sure...the champ will be from the west.

PS: are there any NBA fans on this board? it seems like very few people care about bball here

Azzuri.gif

not this year. perhaps next year for both of em. both of em have young teams, with the exception of one veteren center on each team. both are stocked with talent, but young talent. once they get some game experience they should make a run at the playoffs.
Azzuri.gif

PS: are there any NBA fans on this board? it seems like very few people care about bball here

I consider myself a fan of the NBA.

[commence rant] I was a huge Michael Jordan fan, especially in the Bulls days. I was between the ages of 6 and 14 when they won all their titles, so that basically was my childhood. The problem with the NBA is the fact that they so heavily market their players as opposed to their teams. When Michael left, I latched onto my second team, Vince, T-Mac, and the Raptors, and the Bulls fell to a distant second (although I still have a deeply rooted affinity for them). Lately Vince, the major Raptor drawing card, has been struggling, and although I'm still a fan, it's harder to watch their games without him in there. As much as I love Alvin Williams, JYD, and Antonio Davis, they're not exactly the 97 Bulls. In conclusion... the NBA needs to find a way to attach their fans with their teams, instead of players that move away or retire. [end rant]

I love basketball, and think its a shame that it's not discussed more, but oh well.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived