David Stern

StarrDogg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly, speedy.

There is still four years left on that lease. You cannot tell me that the people in Seattle do not want the Sonics to stay.

What, does he want the last great moment in Seattle sports history to fade away into oblivion?

I've seen a few Sonics home games on ESPN and TNT and it looks like they draw pretty good crowds. They still have four years left on their lease. They definitely have enough time to get something done, so I wouldn't say that they are moving just yet.

Is there a reason why Key Arena needs to be redone only 10 years after it was completely gutted?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Ideal situation:

Hornets remain in OKC

Sonics move to KC

Magic move to NOLA

Memphis shifts to Southeastern Division

Magic shift to Southwestern Division

Sonics remain in Northwestern Division

VmWIn6B.png

ideal situation

hornets stay in oaklahoma

sonics stay in seattle

portland moves to vancouver

piss off :P

at least in the same conference call Stern said he was open to re-opening talks (silently add "...if Paul Allen pulls his head out of his ass" as you will).

I hope my Blazers stay in the Rose City, Seattle keeps the Sonics (with a second-best scenario taking them up to Vancouver BC) and that the words "KC" and "Northwest" are never uttered in the same sentence ever again :P

harperdc.gif

I really don't see the Sonica leaving Seattle. If they actually do leave, I'll say San Diego or Oklahoma City gets the team.

It'd be OKC, Vegas, or Kansas City

San Diego's Arena could be described, or so I've heard, as a dump at best. No major league will touch that building with a ten foot pole.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

the city is, "not interested in having the NBA there."

What he really menas is that the city is not going to be held hostage by the NBA. Seattle should not have to bend over backwards to make up for the failings of the league's financial structure.

Archived