ESPN Radio about the Chargers' Throwbacks

willieg21

Listening to NFL Reporter Chris Mortensen on ESPN Radio the other night. He was chatting with San Diego Chargers President about going to the old throwbacks full time. Team Official said that they were "Trying their best" to make a permanent shift to the old school powder blues, but the problem they were encountering was....the AWAY uniforms. Everyone in the organization hates the road throwbacks. From the owner on down to players to the equipment managers! Everyone thinks they're "too bland". But the prez said they're going to "keep working at it" until a final solution is reached, and it'll be throwbacks forever in SD.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think there's anything wrong with the white-on-white road uniform.

I think it looks distinctive and sharp.

Am I the only person out there who appreciates the all whites?

I love that white jersey

I love the all whites. Similar to the Colts all whites but with a bit more flash.

I just think it's a lame stalling technique by an ownership that doesn't want to change, but sees that year after year over 75% of the fans want the throwbacks permanantly.

For all of those who like the royal blue and yellow, now is our chance. With all the chaos surrounding the powder blue, we should swoop in and reinstate the royal blue.

SanDiego82.gif

I'd love to see the royal blue and yellow back in action, I was a huge Chargers fan growing up and always liked those uniforms.

They could do a little evolution with thier set and incorperate the powder blue into thier royal (navy?) blue and yellow jerseys. I would also keep the old school white helmet with the numbers on the side, it gives it it that retro feel.

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

I always dug these Saints away uni's from 1975:

NewOrleans75.gif

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived