ESPN Radio about the Chargers' Throwbacks

willieg21

Throwbacks are fine as an alt. However, these throwbacks simply are not great as full time uniforms.

If they have to change full time (which is too bad because the navy's look soooo nice), they need to simply be inspired by the powder blue set.

I came up with this a while back, and I think it'd be a good full time set if they had to change.

chargers.gif

Oh, and by the way, it's navy not black in there in case there is any confusion on that.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Throwbacks are fine as an alt. However, these throwbacks simply are not great as full time uniforms.

If they have to change full time (which is too bad because the navy's look soooo nice), they need to simply be inspired by the powder blue set.

I came up with this a while back, and I think it'd be a good full time set if they had to change.

chargers.gif

Oh, and by the way, it's navy not black in there in case there is any confusion on that.

AWESOME CONCEPTS! A-1!

For all of those who like the royal blue and yellow, now is our chance. With all the chaos surrounding the powder blue, we should swoop in and reinstate the royal blue.

SanDiego82.gif

I will be the third to agree that this uniform is what they should go back to. I loved the 80's uniforms.

The more I look at my concept, I realize that they probably wouldn't find the white any less bland, but I think it looks good.

If nothing else, it at least is bland with solid design features which is more than can be said about the throwback set.

There's something real nice looking about a sharp, clean, not over done all-white set, and I usually don't like all-white.

They should just take their current uniforms and simply replace the navy blue with powder blue. Problem solved. It gives them something new while harkening back to something old.

Something like this quick Photoshop mock-up...

128653383_b857bb7339_o.png

I like the white pants with the blue stripe but I think they should have yellow bolts not white. :P

bmoresig.png

'and they don't question what I say cause I'm a ladies Pimp"

I think they have to do something about that helmet too. With the numbers and the gray mask, it is way dated. Unfortunately, I guess it's "hip" to have a gray mask nowadays.

KISSwall09.jpg

yellow pants would be okay with the aways. And you can mix it up during the season and still be old school.

Powder Blue/White

White/Yellow

Powder Blue/Yellow

White/White

why not?

I would keep the helmet white with numbers. If the Browns can go logoless and the Steelers can go One Sided, why can't the Chargers have numbers?

Whatever they do, get the numbers off the sides of the helmet. That's hideous. I don't mind either look, really, I like the powder blues with the white helmets. Just no numbers.

I think they have to do something about that helmet too. With the numbers and the gray mask, it is way dated. Unfortunately, I guess it's "hip" to have a gray mask nowadays.

they could use columbia blue as an outline around the lightning bolt on the helmets, and match the facemasks to that color. Would look very good. And keep the numbers on the sides of the helmets, its unique and what's wrong with that?

metslogo_215.gif

chargers.gif

This is probably the best attempt I've seen at combining the navy, powder, and gold. The only thing I don't care for is the double outlines. What if the numbers were simply white with navy outline on the powder and powder with navy outline on the white? Similar treatment everywhere else. For me, cleaner is better but this is very good.

And keep the numbers on the sides of the helmets, its unique and what's wrong with that?

Well, it's ugly, for one. The only football team that should have numbers on their helmets are the Alabama Crimson Tide. IMO.

And keep the numbers on the sides of the helmets, its unique and what's wrong with that?

Well, it's ugly, for one. The only football team that should have numbers on their helmets are the Alabama Crimson Tide. IMO.

well a lot of teams have numbers on the hemlets. You would have to tell the Colts and Steelers you can't have them because they are too huge.

I say they should use the ball n' glove logo. It's retro, its cool, and its what the fans want.

What? You mean this isn't the continuation of the Milwaukee Brewers discussion? Geez. Seemed like it to me. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the retro Columbia Blues look great except for the helmet. If the Chargers went with a Columbia blue helmet (they could call it "sky" blue) with their existing lightning bolt, it'd look great. As for the all-whites, slap some Columbia blue, or gold, pants on the team and that'd do the trick.

nav-logo.png

Archived