Sign in to follow this  
Fred T. Jane

Road Baseball Uniforms

Howdy folks,

I'm at teacher at a private school down here in Louisiana, and I've been piddling this afternoon over the idea of a road jersey for our baseball team. To be honest, we suck horribly at baseball (We lost Thursday 32-0 to bump our record to 0-17), but at least we don't look shabby at it. Our home uniforms are white vests with blue undershirts, and blue caps. The main logo is our intials (BC) interlocked. Now, I'd pick something different, but it's no Tampa Bay Devil Rays either.

However, we have no road jerseys, which kinda irks me. So I took it upon myself to design a set for us. I'm a sucker for the simple, and I've always liked the Texas Ranger Road uniforms of the late 1980s. The colour set works for me, so I started with that...

al_1989_texas.gif

I also liked the home uniforms of the Giants of the same era, especially the script of the home uniforms. It's classy and simple, just like a baseball uniform should be.

nl_1985_sanfrancisco.gif

With these in mind, I put together a road uniform for our team, as seen below. I can be easily convinced to lose the numbering on the jersey, or to add some striping where appropriate.

Baseballunis.JPG

In case you're wondering about the school logo, yes, it's based off of BC's old eagle head logo, but I guess you can say we're kosher, as we've got school spirit stuff with it from one of those lame school spirit junk companies...though not in that colour scheme. I spruced that up for them.

Thanks for the comments in advance. :)

the wordmark on the road looks pretty good. I would suggest some striping though. Right now the road reminds me of the blue jays road, or any of their jerseys for that matter. Other than the lack of stripes, its very nice.

First of all welcome to the CCSLC,second i wou8ld remove the "eagles" under the "BC" because the "BC" is fine by itself.but the rest of the set is sold.Good luck w/ you team the rest of the way.

I'd think about reversing everything:

"Eagles" at home, "BC" with piping on the road (with or w/o the Eagles underneath it. Fine either way.)

Also, the E and S of Eagles are too drastically different from the rest of the letters. Maybe shrink them a tad. And for consistency, go with either vests or sleeves for both. Probably vests.

Also, o/t, I noticed you used the word "colour", spelled like our friends from the North and their Queen's English. Is that a Louisiana thing too?

Thanks for the comments folks, but the home uniforms are already done. I just put them there for reference. If I had it my way, I'd have tossed the home design for a scripted "Eagles" a la the Trolley Dodgers. I also agree about the letters for the road jersey. I've fiddled with it a smidge to make it smaller, as well as adding a single blue stripe to the sleeves. I never did think about vests for the road jerseys, so I'd have to look at that.

As for my spelling, it's not exactly standard down here, but I had an English English teacher in high school, so what can I say, I learned it from the best. :)

I updated the road jersey. Of course, comments are welcome. :)

Baseballunis2.JPG