Sign in to follow this  
maz

Isles Concept

NYISLANDERSCONCEPT2.gif

Yes, this is my NY Islanders Concept.

I made the Jersey fit with the logo more and i kept the "victory stripes" {if thats what theyre called}

Looks good, but one minor nitpick: You have the victory stripes mixed. The ones with the navy background need to go on the navy jersey. The White and orange are the victory stripes.

See:

NYI_139.gif

Looks good, but one minor nitpick: You have the victory stripes mixed. The ones with the navy background need to go on the navy jersey. The White and orange are the victory stripes.

See:

NYI_139.gif

fixed

pretty strong concept, i really like it, but i'd try and do something more out of the box on this one.

No out of the box stuff...this is fine the way it is...although I may venture to say try using a wavy line at the bottom like the 96-97 jerseys

I like it, as it maintains the traditional look.

It's nice, but it's not that different at all from what they currently use. I really wish they could bring back the fisherman logo, that dude kicked ass.

I really wish they could bring back the fisherman logo, that dude kicked ass.

did u just say that?

It's nice, but it's not that different at all from what they currently use. I really wish they could bring back the fisherman logo, that dude kicked ass.

^_^

did u just say that?

Oh I said it. The fisherman logo was so much better than the current NY in a circle.

did u just say that?

Oh I said it. The fisherman logo was so much better than the current NY in a circle.

Bossy, Gillies, Smith, Potvin, Trottier and Nystrom didn't wear the Gorton's Fisherman. The worst period in the franchise's history happened with the fisherman. It's not a bad logo but it brings up a bad connotation.

did u just say that?

Bossy, Gillies, Smith, Potvin, Trottier and Nystrom didn't wear the Gorton's Fisherman. The worst period in the franchise's history happened with the fisherman. It's not a bad logo but it brings up a bad connotation.

Yes, but the current/old logo looks like bad clip-art.

and they haven't been much better under their current logo. save for a couple of playoff appearances which ended with early exits. the era of bad feelings with the isles started with the final years of the old LI logo, then heightened under Fisherman, and somewhat slowed/ended (depends how you look at it) under the current modern LI logo.

if the isles get a new logo, the modern LI logo and fisherman will both be regarded as logos with negative connotations as they would represent the worst era of hockey for the Isles.

yes i still will continue to use be a loyal fan of the fisherman. im strange that way. :blink:

Maze,

One of the best Islander Uni concepts I've seen. Great Work!!! B)

Just wanted to see what it would look like. Hope that's okay?

Fishsticks.jpg

Fishsticks.jpg

after looking at this, fisherman does seem to go better with the template. maybe add that aqua-teal color as a stripe, and replace one of the 4-bars shoulder logo with the lighthouse logo and you got yourself a nice concept.

Fishsticks.jpg

after looking at this, fisherman does seem to go better with the template. maybe add that aqua-teal color as a stripe, and replace one of the 4-bars shoulder logo with the lighthouse logo and you got yourself a nice concept.

I concur. The fisherman is a good logo, but IMO the jerseys he was on were not very good. On THESE jerseys he looks awesome. great concept maz

Fishsticks.jpg

I concur. The fisherman is a good logo, but IMO the jerseys he was on were not very good. On THESE jerseys he looks awesome. great concept maz

Actually thats not me. BigBoy put the fisherman on there. I also admit it looks good. I'll fix it up with BigBoy's idea.

P.S. Yes, BigBoy it was okay. As long as nobody posts it in another thread as their own {a.k.a. stealing} im okay with people editing my concepts to help.

btw: I wouldve tried the fisheman last night but instead i was at the pens game.

Ive been to 21 games this season {including a preseason one} and they only won 5. At least i saw some history. Lemieux's last goal. Lemieux's last game. The game after Lemieux retired {not a dry eye in the house. Including mine} Crosby's shootout goal v.s. the Habs {their only shootout win} LeClair's 400th goal, the game before the super bowl, and Crosby's 100th point. For that, im happy.

Fishsticks.jpg

Just a point of reference, don't save as .JPEG. Save as .PNG preferably, ESPECIALLY if you're using MS Paint. .JPEG really screws up your picture and it become damn near impossible to edit. Just saying, lol.

Fishsticks.jpg

Actually thats not me. BigBoy put the fisherman on there. I also admit it looks good. I'll fix it up with BigBoy's idea.

yeah, I know. I guess I'll give credit to both of you. Great jerseys maz. Nice idea for the logo bigboy.