Worst Call in a Baseball Game?

nsentv

STLfan - your right, but I still love it. Sometimes bad calls go your way. I've seen it too many times in real life. Too bad the Cards lots control and then lost the game. It was a bang-bang play, but not too close. He was out, but history states otherwise. I still love my Royals and Cardinals!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

chuck1017.jpg

Looks like Offerman is out of the baseline.

Looks like he's still in the dirt to me. So he's at-most, like, a foot outside of the basepath if you go straight from first to second?

Regardless, he was called out from being tagged. That picture's angle makes the phantom tag look closer that it actually was. It was so far off that even people in New York were confused from the call. I remember the riot that ensued at Fenway after that. You'd think MLB would be sure they'd have their best crews for play-off games. Missing a close call is one thing, but when someone obviously miffs a call THAT obvious, one would think the rest of them would corrcet him on it.

Regular season is one thing , but during the playoffs all eyes are on you, and you want to be sure it's being called right. These are the (mis)calls that people remember, not the slip-ups early in the season.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived