Capitals Concept

MonoMan

I have not posted a concept in a while, thought I would have a little fun with my favorite team. There are a lot of things thrown into this concept. You can see a little Sharks, old Jets, even a little USA. The logo is just a modified version of the current secondary logo. I am dying to see the new uniforms. Until then, I will make my own.

caps.jpg

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

The only part I DON'T like is that the side panel keeps the bottom stripe from going all the way around. Other than that, these look great.

BTW, the Sharks and Jets reference made me think of "West Side Story". Does that make me really old?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The only part I DON'T like is that the side panel keeps the bottom stripe from going all the way around. Other than that, these look great.

BTW, the Sharks and Jets reference made me think of "West Side Story". Does that make me really old?

I agree with the stripes, they should go all the way around.

and the West Side Story comment, i've had to watch that 2 years in a row at school, grades seven and eight!

so, no leopard88 i'm 15 and I thought the same thing!

untitled-6.jpg

Looks solid, but the Washington script on the jerseys is tiny and would be impossible to see during a game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

i agree with the washington script being too small, overall though i really like it, a huge improvement over their current jerseys

small suggestion - maybe instead of "washington" in the main logo, take it out and add a nationals-esque "DC" on the shoulders? just my $.02

really like em though!

worldchampsll1.png

no no no, the striping is good not going all the way around. my gripes are: make the part under the arm on the road jersey white, no navy there. also, they need a shoulder patch of some sort. maybe a DC, maybe something else. other than that i really like them.

Friend of mine with NHL connections, (take that with a grain of salt, I know people probably say that alot). mentioned that the Caps new logo is something along the lines of an eagle that is shaped like a big W. Personally i cant picture it, just mentioning it.

Thanks for all the comments, Like I said it was just for fun. As for the template, I made it myself. Would you like me to send it to you?

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

i agree with the washington script being too small, overall though i really like it, a huge improvement over their current jerseys

small suggestion - maybe instead of "washington" in the main logo, take it out and add a nationals-esque "DC" on the shoulders? just my $.02

really like em though!

Something like this? (Quick job, no talent displayed)

capsalt.JPG

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

i like the logo but the template im not sure on. i don't like how it looks like the jets uniform with the capitals logo. it looks like the jets relocated to dc, and tried to create a DC identity while trying to hold on to the jets.

but the logo and colors are good, its just the template needs something to distinguish it self from the old jets.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I am dying to see the new uniforms.

Wait...the Caps are getting new unis? This is news to me.

Is this just the new uniform style, or a total makeover?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I'm of the thought that the best logos are ones that don't have words in them -- you look at the artwork alone and you KNOW what team it is.

The current Capitals dome logo and this concept, with maybe a few extra elements, can stand very well on their own without that "Capitals" wordplate that seems forced onto the logo.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

really like em though!

Something like this? (Quick job, no talent displayed)

capsalt.JPG

i like that, but i don't think i explained what i meant very well in my first post - i think the main logo should still read Capitals, just without "washington"

then, on the shoulders, have some kind of interlocking DC or something - i do like what you have, but its too similar to put on the shoulders, maybe a secondary logo with an eagle or something like that

sorry i wasn't very clear :blush:

worldchampsll1.png

Thanks for all the comments, Like I said it was just for fun. As for the template, I made it myself. Would you like me to send it to you?

That would be awesome, I appreciate it! I'll PM you my email address.

May I second that request? I really love your concept but I even love the template more :D

PopHeading-1.gif

• 1 month later...
Friend of mine with NHL connections, (take that with a grain of salt, I know people probably say that alot). mentioned that the Caps new logo is something along the lines of an eagle that is shaped like a big W. Personally i cant picture it, just mentioning it.

an eagle shaped like a W? ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: I just can't imagine how they came up with that concept? this is going to be fun.

Archived