NHL Playoff Schedule...

chrimart

As many sources have come out, here's are tentative starting dates for NHL Playoffs:

Eastern Conf.:

TBA at Ottawa, Friday Night at 7 PM on CBC (announced last saturday by CBC)

TBA at Carolina

TBA at Buffalo

Rangers-Flyers_Devils Mayhem, Saturday on NBC

Western Conf.:

Edmonton at Detroit, Saturday 22 and Monday 24

COL/ANA at Dallas, Fri.21 (TV: TBA) and Sun.23 (Daytime on NBC)

COL/ANA at Calgary, Fri Night at 10 PM on CBC (announced last saturday by CBC)

San Jose at Nashville, Fri Night

Please note that CBC would carry all canadian teams games.

Kris

:flagcanada:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde...0370.xml&coll=1

http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=5434

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/sto.../17/daily5.html

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Te...&Section=Sports

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3289268

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

You can pencil in Anaheim as Calgary's opponent and Colorado to play Dallas.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

My sources say that Detroit-Edmonton is the game of choice for NBC on Saturday.

Let's hope so. The Oilers deserve to have at least one nationally televised game this year ... damn OLN! :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

Let's hope so. The Oilers deserve to have at least one nationally televised game this year ... damn OLN! :mad:

They have one every other week, it seems.

Oh, you mean in the US. :D

Did I forget to mention that we don't get Hockey Night in Canada in New Freakin' Mexico!? ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Let's hope so. The Oilers deserve to have at least one nationally televised game this year ... damn OLN!

Did I forget to mention that we don't get Hockey Night in Canada in New Freakin' Mexico!? ^_^

Ahh, one of the luxuries of living in Seattle (Detroit, Buffalo, etc.) B)

I know NBC said they would have Detroit however that might change now that they will be playing Edmonton. Because Edmonton doesn't cout toward tv ratings that game is assurd to get lower than usual tv ratings, even with Detroit. Where as a Rangers-Flyers series or Rangers-Devils Series would probably get higher than usual ratings. Even though NJ and NY are in the market the market is so large that it could carry national ratings where Detroit for the most part can't. I know Detorit is almost a national team and if they played any US team they would be on NBC however since they will play a canadian team it changes thing.

I know NBC said they would have Detroit however that might change now that they will be playing Edmonton. Because Edmonton doesn't cout toward tv ratings that game is assurd to get lower than usual tv ratings, even with Detroit. Where as a Rangers-Flyers series or Rangers-Devils Series would probably get higher than usual ratings. Even though NJ and NY are in the market the market is so large that it could carry national ratings where Detroit for the most part can't. I know Detorit is almost a national team and if they played any US team they would be on NBC however since they will play a canadian team it changes thing.

I really hope they don't change it(I'm a Wings fan, go figure). I'm so sick of seeing the Flyers, Rangers, and Devils play. I live a half hour from Philly, and my roommate's a Flyers fan, so I have to sit through most of their games. OLN always plays the eastern conference, specifically those 3 teams as well as the Pens. It seems as though the Western conference never gets on there, which I guess makes sense since I'm assuming OLN has a certain time slot for hockey, and the teams can't have any attendance if they start a game at 3pm.

Whatever, I just don't feel like watching the Flyers probably choke....again. Well, I feel like watching them choke, but I don't feel like watching them in general.

As many sources have come out, here's are tentative starting dates for NHL Playoffs:

Eastern Conf.:

TBA at Ottawa, Friday Night at 7 PM on CBC (announced last saturday by CBC)

TBA at Carolina

TBA at Buffalo

Rangers-Flyers_Devils Mayhem, Saturday on NBC

Western Conf.:

Edmonton at Detroit, Saturday 22 and Monday 24

COL/ANA at Dallas, Fri.21 (TV: TBA) and Sun.23 (Daytime on NBC)

COL/ANA at Calgary, Fri Night at 10 PM on CBC (announced last saturday by CBC)

San Jose at Nashville, Fri Night

Please note that CBC would carry all canadian teams games.

Kris

:flagcanada:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/stories/inde...0370.xml&coll=1

http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=5434

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/sto.../17/daily5.html

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Te...&Section=Sports

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3289268

If the Rangers win the division, they'll have to have game 1 on Friday because MSG is booked for a Michael Jordan charity basketball game on Saturday.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Other than the weekends, who has coverage for the NHL Playoffs in the US? OLN?

Yes, and the teams regional networks for rounds 1 and 2. It is the same as every other year. The National cable network covers the weeknights and the NEtwork weekends.

I might have to edit this after the Devils/Canadiens game but congratulations Flyers.

The Senators dispatched the Rangers tonight, Philly knocked off the Islanders, and the Habs have the Devils down 3-1 late, so here's the matchups:

(1)Ottawa v. (8)Tampa Bay

(2)Carolina v. (7)Montreal

(3)Philadelphia v. (6)New Jersey/New York Rangers

(4)Buffalo v. (5)New York Rangers/New Jersey

Out West

(1)Detroit v. (8)Edmonton

(2)Dallas v. (7)Colorado

(3)Calgary v. (6)Anaheim

(4)Nashville v. (5)San Jose

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

After the Sabres get their win tonight they can still play one of 3 teams (Philly, NJ or, NYR)

if NJ wins the Sabres play Philadelphia

if NJ loses the Sabres play New York

If NJ loses in OT the Sabres play New Jersey

CRAZY NIGHT

saBS.png

(4)Buffalo v. (5)New Jersey/New York Rangers

I believe the Rangers would be #5 and the Devlis would be #6 if it all holds up.

... and the Devlis just scored. The Canadiens now lead 3-2 in the 3rd.

6uXNWAo.png

(4)Buffalo v. (5)New Jersey/New York Rangers

I believe the Rangers would be #5 and the Devlis would be #6 if it all holds up.

You're correct. I just copied/pasted my line from above.

BTW, Devils cut the lead to 3-2 late 3rd. Hat tip to the Team 1200AM (God Bless Internet Radio)

[edit]Scratch that. Devils just tied it up 3-3. Brian Gionta's got 2 tonight. If the Dveils win, New Jersey take the 3 seed, Philly gets the 5 seed, and the Rangers fall to 6. Ouch. Hat tip^2 to the Team 1200AM

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived