a question about some logos and team names

Brendan

The thinking behind the whole Blue Jackets name is very very very confusing. I had never known of Cheif Blue Jacket until I read it earlier, along with it also being used to describe a native raised white child. I had also gotten the impression that the bug is a play on words, because you have Yellow Jackets, so a Blue Jacket could be a bee of some sort, in this case...civil war clothing...

Someone should email them to ask the real reason for the logo/name, and I'm sure its mentioned somewhere, like a press release for when it came out or somewhere else.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Pretty sure this has been discussed elsewhere on this board and someone said that the reason they are called the Blue Jackets is because Columbus was the site of Union bases or something like that AND also the city was where the uniforms for the Union soldiers were made (blue jackets and all). It is a Civil War reference not a bug reference the bug WAS just a play on words which is shown by the fact the bug had a Union soldiers uniform on.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Archived