Bucks in 07

Rage07

If the retro is worth bringing back, then it should be brought back. Worked well for the Phillies and Giants (both kinds!).

If it's not worth bringing back, then don't bring it back. But blanket statements, ignoring any context, aren't terribly useful or wise for setting policy.

FWIW, I don't think that look is worth bringing back.

Completely subjective. You're assuming that everyone loves the Phillies and Giants' looks.

I understand your point, but saying "If the retro is worth bringing back, then it should be brought back" is YOUR opinion. Not necessarily mine. How do you define what's "worth bringing back"?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW - in my opinion, the current NY Giants identity is a big steaming pile of crap.

So no - I would say that that was one retro look that should NOT have ben brought back.

BTW - in my opinion, the current NY Giants identity is a big steaming pile of crap.

So no - I would say that that was one retro look that should NOT have ben brought back.

A agree with you that the all-red road is terrible, but that's really the only gripe I have with them.

Yet, it does seem quite silly to have both New York teams in throwback identities.

VmWIn6B.png

If the retro is worth bringing back, then it should be brought back.  Worked well for the Phillies and Giants (both kinds!).

If it's not worth bringing back, then don't bring it back.  But blanket statements, ignoring any context, aren't terribly useful or wise for setting policy.

FWIW, I don't think that look is worth bringing back.

Completely subjective. You're assuming that everyone loves the Phillies and Giants' looks.

I understand your point, but saying "If the retro is worth bringing back, then it should be brought back" is YOUR opinion. Not necessarily mine. How do you define what's "worth bringing back"?

That's a subject for debate. I accept that, and would gladly discuss any of the particulars.

But I don't think that a blanket statement like "no retro ever" is helpful on these boards.

FWIW, I was thinking about from the perspective of the teams. The Phils and both sets of Giants seem pretty happy with their retro-inspired looks.

You're going to have to explain yourself on that one.

Avenger: beautiful, man! That shade of copper almost looks like a metallic gold, and subtly suggests "Packers." That'd be MONEY with fans up here in Wisconsin.

Although we pretty much revolted when Ron Wolf proposed changing the Packers' mustard gold (OK, yellow) to something similar. :D

I love the old cartoon-buck gear (the Abdul-Jabbar era stuff is just too Celtic-esque), but...adapt Avenger's scheme, Herb Kohl!

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

If the retro is worth bringing back, then it should be brought back. Worked well for the Phillies and Giants (both kinds!).

Here's where the term "retro" becomes harder and harder to properly define.

When the Phillies switched to what they currently wear in the early '90s, it was a retro movement. The "swirly P" and maroon of the '70s and '80s were gone, and the uniforms closely resembled the '50s and '60s Phillies' uniforms (although they should've used the comically-oversized numbers instead of the proprietary font they came up with).

Now, kids are clamoring for the Phillies to "go retro"... back to the maroon and the "swirly P". Retro is what you make of it.

Personally, I like the old Bucks' color scheme, but there is nothing inherently captivating in the design - block "MILWAUKEE", block Varsity numbers. While dark green should remain the basis for Bucks' concepts for years to come (and I don't mind the purple FWIW), I like the people using it as a jump-off point, and incorporating copper, beige, hunter orange. You can pay tribute to the past without being entirely derivative. Next thing you know, people will start calling for a return to purple and green... :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived