New EKU Identity

jefrsn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a lilly white guy, I am totally offended that they'd use another lilly white guy as a sports mascot. They're infringing on my ethnic heritage of lilly whiteness to push their sports teams.

If Johnny Cochran were alive, I'd SO sue them.

Good God. This was long overdue. EKU is about 15 minutes down the road from where I went to school last year, so I had to look at that terrible old logo all the time because I had friends from there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Eastern Kentucky University: In Original & Extra Crispy

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Looks a lot like Colonel Sanders. Is that on purpose? This looks different from other Silverman stuff I've seen. Good for them to mix it up.

the team name is Colonels....i'm sure it's no coincidence it looks like Kentucky's most famous colonel.

But he's gray.  Not white.

What did it used to be?

From Sportslogos.net:

EKty_6876.gif

Oh wow....that's about a bazillion times better. Why bother changing? I wonder if they ever played the Ole' Miss Running Rebs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm so glad I read this one wrong. I thought it said Wester Kentucky, meaning, they changed the red Grimace guy. Although I don't know what a hilltopper is, that mascot's hilarious.

As for this'n, it's a huge upgrade. I wouldn't guess "Colonels" right away as the mascot, to be honest, but as far as the aesthetics of the logo, it's nicely done.

Are you just pulling our legs with this image.

If that's the logo for EKU they're Athletic Director must be Stevie Wonder. Come on Colonel Sanders? This is a joke right. Seriously? Come on.

If Silverman Group is taking credit for this I'm shocked and dismayed but not surprised.

It's friggin' finger licking good.

The original recipe logo was better...

Oh my goodness.

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

This logo actually reminds me a bit of some logos that were done for the Ole Miss design "contest". That was a couple years ago when U of Mississippi tried to update THEIR version of Colonel Sanders. The student body ended up rejecting all of them, although a few were better than what they had.

As for the Colonel mascot, I wonder why EKU didn't entertain going a different direction. Some out-of-the-box thinking to come up with a new symbol.

Welcome back to the boards, O'Bricknivy Grady. Your last batch of ranting did not go over too well here, and now you're back badmouthing your competitors once again. Surprise, surprise.

We all know that no one's work could possibly compare to the stellar identities coming out of Game Plan. Like the Charlotte Bobcats, a true favorite amongst the Creamer Community.

Perhaps we should compare the new EKU mark to some recent Game Plan work. Like, uh, well... what recent Game Plan work? Perhaps that incomparable Rays identity on your site? The one they're not using? Oh my goodness, indeed.

At least the Silverman Group can seal the deal!

Archived