Cali wildfires

Snowcap30

The fires are near San Diego Anahiem is north and safe from what I understand.

Arrowhead Pond is named after a bottled water brand. Maybe they get it out of Lake Arrowhead. WHo knows.

All I know is taht the fires arereally bad, and i just hope they get them out ASAP too much dmaage and death already I really feel bad for everyone down there.

Of Course some immature idiots on this board who are the first to whine when they are attacked is showing how stupid he is by wanting even more damage.

FYI I hate the Ducks too.

However, I know where their arena is by many hotels and Disney Land, if that area gets hit by the wild fires Many will die and a great deal of people will be out of work, but of course some people with small minds cant grasp this.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The fires are from the Mexican border (San Diego) to North of L.A.  

Anaheim is uneffected of this.  It is more in the mountain regions around Southern California.

Trust me, if that thing gets within 5 miles of Disneyland, there will be chaos.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'm in Santa Monica, California... i.e. coastal Los Angeles County.

The areas hardest hit by the wildfires have been in western San Bernardino County, eastern Los Angeles County, parts of Ventura County and a huge swath of San Diego County. Their have been some isolated outbreaks in Orange County, but I don't think anyplace in Metro Anaheim has been affected (but don't take my word as gospel on that). The real problems are in heavily wooded, inland (i.e. non-coastal) areas.

In San Bernardino County/Los Angeles County, three primary fires (the "Grand Prix", "Padua" and "Old" fires) have consumed 161,085 acres, destroying at least 902 homes.

In San Diego County, a pair of primary fires (the "Paradise" and "Cedar" fires) have consumed 328,318 acres, destroying at least 1,793 homes.

The saving grace in Greater Los Angeles over the last 12 hours has been the arrival of a low-pressure system that is belting much of the area with heavy rain. I don't how far south towards San Diego the front has spread. Hopefully, San Diego is getting as much rain as we are. Rumor has it that the higher elevations inland are getting snow. Hopefully, the damp weather will alleviate the extremely arid conditions that played a huge role in these fires spreading so quickly.

Brian in Boston

ok thanks for clearing that up

btw, how the hell did it start??

The had not had much rain it has been like 150 days without rain and it created tinderbox, which was vulnerable to major fire.

They think it could be arson, but somethimes lightning plays a roll too, or simple mindless neglince like a camp fire getting out or control or a lit cigarette.

The SD area has been hit hard by a group of enviromental extremist calling themselves ELF (Earth Libberation Front)

They have been going around burning down house construction sights and car dealerships, while vanadalizing and burning SUVs.

Another problem is government regulations they have severe restrictions on logging, and dont allow ppl into the forrest to pick up fire wood.

Too many ppl think logging destroys the eeco system However, they dont relaize the industry needs a lush forres to thrive.Every tree cut down is always repalced, to insure teh future of the industyr. Because we will alawyas need wood, for baseball bats, desks, and houses.

Then they dont allow ppl to get fire wood. IN yeras poast ppl use to go there and pick up fallin branches for tehir fireplaces noiw tahts against the law this created a dry underbursh which was the equivialnt of pouring gas on the fire.

The main problem when you get to it is these tree huggers don't relaize the big picture, that if you dont peridocally cut down tress or clear the underbrush more trees will be destoryed, as will their preiscous eco-system.

IUf the logging industry was relived of these restrictiosn they could manage the forest better, and though fires will still happen, they will never be this sever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived