If It Were Up To Me

AHcreative

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not crazy about the Bengals redesign.

Issue #1. The team's identity is based largely on the tigerlike striping pattern. It is on their helmet, and was their de facto logo for years. I like how it's still on the helmets and the sleeves, but then you pair that with pants that have plain vertical stripes. It looks really unbalanced.

Issue #2. Two white jerseys are included in the concept, yet the only discernable difference between the two is that one has orange numbers, outlined black, and the other has black numbers, outlined orange. Why bother? For the record, I actually like the orange numbers; I don't think any NFL team has orange numbers on their white jerseys at present, so it would work and be unique. But no fan in their right mind would fork over close to $300 for a jersey that's almost identical to another jersey in the set and call it an alternate. Also, if you're counting both white jerseys as being part of the concept, then you have 4 jerseys. They only play 16 games, they don't need 4 jerseys.

Issue #3. Not having white pants looks very un-Bengals. With such dominant team colors, you could use a little more white to balance these out. If I had to dump one set of pants, it'd be the black; they already have enough black in the uniform with the black home jerseys to need black pants. In keeping with the "imitating a tiger" theme, tigers' legs and underbellies are white, so white pants would fit in better than black (or even orange).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have Cleveland done, but no jerseys, I think the Browns uniforms are perfect but i did a little logo and helmet change, I modified the logo, and put in an additional shade of brown.

cleveland3zg.png

Archived