Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

Crap, Sens fall 2-1 to Buffalo. Not good... :mad:

No.... VERY GOOD!

Miller was stone cold awesome tonight.

What's the excuse this time Sens fans?

No one can tell me Ottawa gave this game to Buffalo.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.... VERY GOOD!

Well Ottawa had MANY chances to score and couldn't do it. Spezza SHOULD have scored in the last few mins but somehow he didnt. All I can say is Buffalo is proving to be the better team. Its funny, the team who always seems to whoop Toronto seems to be using that magic against the lesser Ontario team. GO SABRES!!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

No.... VERY GOOD!

Miller is doing good for a guy that is playing in his second career playoff series. im really impressed with him.

as for who is more popular, in the NY Area, its no doubt the Yankees. if the Rags, Fishsticks, or Devs win the cup, its a footnote at the back of the newspaper with the head line story of Yankees defeat Devil Rays in an unimportant regular season game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm sure there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers, but with all the disparaging talk about the 'Canes franchise and their attendance, it really is nice to see Carolina rockin' the RBC Center and even better to see their team give them something to cheer about. Great game tonight.

No.... VERY GOOD!

Miller is doing good for a guy that is playing in his second career playoff series. im really impressed with him.

as for who is more popular, in the NY Area, its no doubt the Yankees. if the Rags, Fishsticks, or Devs win the cup, its a footnote at the back of the newspaper with the head line story of Yankees defeat Devil Rays in an unimportant regular season game.

Just to clear up one of your statements....

This is Miller's FIRST NHL Playoff series.

He's played in 2 AHL Calder Cup series with Rochester.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Just to clear up one of your statements....

This is Miller's FIRST NHL Playoff series.

He's played in 2 AHL Calder Cup series with Rochester.

I think he meant second series as in Buffalo-Philadelphia is one series and Buffalo-Ottawa is the second one.

It is his first NHL Playoffs though. No doubt about that one!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Why is it whenever I see highlights of Chris Drury's OT winner from game one IN OTTAWA, it's always followed by the sound of a goal-horn that isn't Ottawa's? CBC's highlights, OLN's highlights, both play this phantom horn.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

OLN plays a goal horn whenever a goal is scored. It usally isn't heard when the home team scores because the arena goal horn over powers it. However when the visting team scores a goal and the arena goes silent the OLN horn is heard clearly to where the viewer thinks the horn is from the arena. OLN has sort of become like FOX with the scoreboard sounds.

Although I don't know why the CBC highlights would have that as they also did the telecast and thus wouldn't need to use highlights from OLN.

I think I might be missing something here, but every highlight I've seen so far of the Torres hit on Michalek seems to show Torres stopping and standing like a brick wall and then Michalek running smack into him.

I listened to the Sharks home broadcast on Sirius radio last night with a friend of mine. We both found it hilarious listening to the guys in the booth being overjoyed when the Sharks killed the 5-on-"1" and then ten seconds later, panic when Edmonton scored. Oh well...it was nice to see Joe Thornton FINALLY score a goal.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Why is it whenever I see highlights of Chris Drury's OT winner from game one IN OTTAWA, it's always followed by the sound of a goal-horn that isn't Ottawa's?  CBC's highlights, OLN's highlights, both play this phantom horn.

OLN plays a goal horn whenever a goal is scored. It usally isn't heard when the home team scores because the arena goal horn over powers it. However when the visting team scores a goal and the arena goes silent the OLN horn is heard clearly to where the viewer thinks the horn is from the arena. OLN has sort of become like FOX with the scoreboard sounds.

Although I don't know why the CBC highlights would have that as they also did the telecast and thus wouldn't need to use highlights from OLN.

And I had always thought it was just because Ottawa has a crappy, wimpy goal horn. Hmm... :P

I'm sure there are a lot of bandwagon jumpers, but with all the disparaging talk about the 'Canes franchise and their attendance, it really is nice to see Carolina rockin' the RBC Center and even better to see their team give them something to cheer about. Great game tonight.

The ESA (I can't bow down to corporate sponsorship - it was the ESA the first time I was there, the ESA it shall be) is a great place to watch a game. I've been there when there were maybe 8-9,000 people in the arena for a 'Canes game, and it was still surprisingly loud. Good sightlines, comfortable seats. (Just wish they built it downtown instead of the hinterland of the State Fairgrounds.) It really rocks when it's packed - I've been there for college basketball games before a full house, and it gets deafening. I can only imagine it's just as intimidating for hockey games when it's full.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Why is it whenever I see highlights of Chris Drury's OT winner from game one IN OTTAWA, it's always followed by the sound of a goal-horn that isn't Ottawa's?  CBC's highlights, OLN's highlights, both play this phantom horn.

And I had always thought it was just because Ottawa has a crappy, wimpy goal horn. Hmm... :P

Ottawa has probably the second-most overbearingly loud goal horn in the league, second to only Philadelphia's new horn. (Philly's old horn was great, mainly because the only other team that had it was Calgary. Now they got the same horn as Tampa Bay, Toronto, Columbus, Los Angeles and St. Louis, only played at a louder volume than all of them.)

champssig2.png

The ESA (I can't bow down to corporate sponsorship - it was the ESA the first time I was there, the ESA it shall be) is a great place to watch a game. I've been there when there were maybe 8-9,000 people in the arena for a 'Canes game, and it was still surprisingly loud. Good sightlines, comfortable seats. (Just wish they built it downtown instead of the hinterland of the State Fairgrounds.) It really rocks when it's packed - I've been there for college basketball games before a full house, and it gets deafening. I can only imagine it's just as intimidating for hockey games when it's full.

It's not just Ottawa with that horn, but I agree they should press the button for the horn as much as Atlanta did whenn we lost 8-3

Hi, how are you?

Stupid Avs broke Bryzgalov's shutout streak at 19:33 of the first.

Bryzgalov's playoff shutout streak ends at 249 minute 15 seconds....2nd all time!

champssig2.png

Raffi Torres should have gotten at least a five minute major, if not a game misconduct for that blatent attempt to injure elbow on Milan Michalek. That was about as dirty as they come.

Leave it to a California hockey "fan" to know what is dirty and what isn't. :rolleyes:

Torres' hit was clean. There was no elbow involved. Believe it or not but hockey players are allowed to hit with the shoulder.

Anyways, if anything, Mark Smith should be getting a suspension for his hit on Ryan Smyth in game one.

teams-1.png

Unbelievable. :shocked:

Joffery Lupul scored all four goals for Anaheim tonight, including the overtime winner, to put his Mighty Ducks up 3-0 against the Avalanche.

2ND - 09:02 Joffrey Lupul (4), Slap Shot - Assists: Dustin Penner and Vitaly Vishnevski

3RD - 08:54 Joffrey Lupul (5), Wrist Shot - Assist: Sean O`Donnell

3RD - 10:40 Joffrey Lupul (6), Wrist Shot - Assist: Dustin Penner

OT - 16:30 Joffrey Lupul (7), Slap Shot - Assist: Dustin Penner

teams-1.png

Archived