Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

Ight so the Quackers sweep. Thats one California team in the west finals. Now just one more to go.

I wanted a Battle of Alberta and the lower seeded team qualified first. Then the second Alberta team choked. We'll see if that trend continues with California.

teams-1.png

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well this just sucks, 5-3 Oilers in the 3rd

now it's 6-3, good grief, this blows big time

Edmonton has caught the Shark, they need to put the knife in on Sunday and be ready to pull out the guts on home ice in game six again.

teams-1.png

As much as I'd have enjoyed a sweep, I'm glad it didn't end tonight.

At the very least, the Sabres would have had 2 days more rest than the Canes, and possibly a week more.

Rust sucks; I'll take the loss for the greater good.

I'd rather take the sweep then allow the other team any hope at coming back. I don't want Mo sitting on their bench at all. Especially in hockey, where momentum can carry teams from 3-0, 3-1 deficits and come back and win the series.

if the Oilers win game 5 it's over

Meh, I disagree. I much as I hate San Jose, I think they are a Stanley Cup contenders. They just need depth to their third and fourth line. Anaheim and San Jose are very similar, and would be fun to watch them battle in the Western Finals.

But, their playing the Raiders of hockey. I wouldn't be surprised if a Shark player gets thrown to the ice, and get banged. That would be the last thing I would want (unless it was Sean Avery.)

Should be a good rest of the series! I got edm.png In game 5, sjs.png in game 6, and sjs.png to win the series in Game 7.

brettfavre.png

But, their playing the Raiders of hockey. I wouldn't be surprised if a Shark player gets thrown to the ice, and get banged. That would be the last thing I would want (unless it was Sean Avery.)

*ROTFLMFAO*

Raiders of hockey? San Jose has played a lot cheaper than Edmonton in this series. Let's just replay some tape of Mark Smith in game one, and Kyle McLaren and Jonathon Cheechoo in game four.

Georges Laraque's hit on Cheechoo in game three was a result of him being much smaller and turning himself into partision on the boards, resulting in the cut. Raffi Torres' hit was a shoulder, so don't even bother with that one.

By the way, according to a San Jose columnist, Edmonton is the Green Bay of hockey. But thanks for the cheapshot.

teams-1.png

*ROTFLMFAO*

Raiders of hockey? San Jose has played a lot cheaper than Edmonton in this series. Let's just replay some tape of Mark Smith in game one, and Kyle McLaren and Jonathon Cheechoo in game four.

Georges Laraque's hit on Cheechoo in game three was a result of him being much smaller and turning himself into partision on the boards, resulting in the cut. Raffi Torres' hit was a shoulder, so don't even bother with that one.

By the way, according to a San Jose columnist, Edmonton is the Green Bay of hockey. But thanks for the cheapshot.

Yeah i could see how the Oilers are the Green Bay of hockey. In the terms of being the face of the league of their respected sport. Both have a great winning history. But Green Bay is in no way hard hitting or makes the other team scared, like the Oilers. Only favre can do that for the Pack.

brettfavre.png

Bye Bye Ottawa. See you on the greens! :D

Its amazing, you really can't spell 'Choke' without Alfredssons 'C'!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Bye Bye Ottawa. See you on the greens! :D

Nonsense. A choke would suggest that they had the upper hand at some point in the series.

That was an old-school butt kickin'.

If I had to guess, I'd say that's probably the first time ever that a series ended with a shorty in OT.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Bye Bye Ottawa. See you on the greens!  :D

Nonsense. A choke would suggest that they had the upper hand at some point in the series.

If I had to guess, I'd say that's probably the first time ever that a series ended with a shorty in OT.

Well...they were upset... but hell, this looks cool.

ChokePic.jpg

:D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What else should I expect from a classless Loafer taking a shot at one of the classiest captains in the NHL?

By the way, there's not much worse than the Loafs 39 years of choking, right?

Congrats to the Sabres.

teams-1.png

What else should I expect from a classless Loafer taking a shot at one of the classiest captains in the NHL?

Congrats to the Sabres.

Excuse me? If anything, I have more class than you because I don't attack other members.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Congrats to the Sabres.

It'll be officially 40 years before the next Stanley Cup Final, but who's counting?

JR, I'm quite surprised. You're usually more level-headed than this. Besides, Rover is laughing it up as we speak. (He actually predicted the Sens would go down in OT, Shorthanded, but thought it would likely be the Cup Finals, Game 7.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Bye Bye Ottawa. See you on the greens!  :D

ChokePic.jpg

:D

That was weird watching that rookie glide right by him for the winner

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

YAH I NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD WIN :P

GO OILERS.

OH AND TRADE ALFY FOR A CANADIAN

HAHAHA! You officially made your way into my good books with that one. You're the...7th Sens fan I know who wants to lynch him.

BTW, may wanna change those Sigs, they are a little out of date. :P EDIT, you beat me to it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Since the Sens came back in the nhl, have they ever gotten past the second round in the playoffs? Seems werid, cus they do good in the season then when the playoffs come they choke. Who knows, but we do know that its probally guna be Sabres and Hurricanes.

4kv29i.jpg

Since the Sens came back in the nhl, have they ever gotten past the second round in the playoffs? Seems werid, cus they do good in the season then when the playoffs come they choke. Who knows, but we do know that its probally guna be Sabres and Hurricanes.

They made it to the Eastern Confrence Finals back in... '03 if I remember correctly. Lost to New Jersey who in turn made it to the finals and won the cup over Anaheim. RC adds they lost in game 7 to New Jersey.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived