Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

Sabres win 3-0 take 3-2 lead. (dance)

C'mon Sabres! One more win! With the home team winning every game so far, this one will probably go all seven, but the last game is in Buffalo.

Montreal is on the skids, having lost three in a row now.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that the oilers will go as far as the conference finals, if Roli stays hot.

On the Turco debate I wouldn't be too surprised if rumours surfaced about him ending up in toronto.

Nah, hes going to Ottawa to replace Hasek.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think that the oilers will go as far as the conference finals, if Roli stays hot.

On the Turco debate I wouldn't be too surprised if rumours surfaced about him ending up in toronto.

or to Detroit to replace Legacy if Edmonton eliminates the Wings.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If anything, I could see Detroit going after Raycroft or Biron.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If anything, I could see Detroit going after Raycroft or Biron.

I don't know about detroit getting rid of legace but i could see them getting another goalie to replace legace as the number 1 in motownl Maybe Turco, he could probably do good there with the wings.

The leafs will probably get Joseph back in T-dot if they dont go with Aubin at the beginning of the season.

Ottawa wont get another high profile goalie because they dont have enough cap space Because they have a lot of guys to re-signand I mean alot (Chara, Redden, Schaeffer, Spezza, Hasek, Havlat probably more.) I'm not too sure about those guys, i thought I'd say that before Roger Clemente comes in and corrects me like i have no right to live :D And HAsek Was good this season the problem was the injury, but im confident with Ray Emery.

Vancouver will try hard to get rid of Cloutier If they can he might be a good fit In Detroit and I could see him there for some reason. Vancouver will probably go with Auld but Nonis might go crazy this off-season and start rebuilding a few aspects of the aCanucks.

Turco might land there Maybe a Trade involving Ed Jovanovski and some prospects.

Legace might land in dallas if they do get rid of him.

As for the coaches, I think Quinn will land In L.A As Part of the rebuilding stage for them they might even pick up an "experienced" goalie, A guy named Ed BElfour ( If he comes back from surgery and decides to play.

Crawford ends up in Toronto.

I have more thoughts but I have to go eat dinner.

Hi, how are you?

What I would like to see...

WEST

Edmonton vs Calgary - I don't want either team to advance but this would be crazy!

San Jose vs Colorado - Great series of two good offensive teams

or

Anaheim vs San Jose - If Detroit wins the series and so does Anaheim, the battle of California

Detroit vs Colorado - Great playoff series this would be. Brings back memories of past matchups in the playoffs between these two

EAST

Ottawa vs Buffalo - Like both of these teams

Carolina vs New Jersey - I really want Carolina to win the Stanley Cup, so that would mean they'd have to play NJ in the 2nd round, although nobody would watch this boring series outside of Carolina/New Jersey

I can see Turco to Detroit didn't he go to Michigan?

Also Ottawa has Emery I think they will give him a chance before getting Turco they have a talented team and they are all going to need to get paid and with the cap getting Turco could complicate that.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I can see Turco to Detroit didn't he go to Michigan?

Also Ottawa has Emery I think they will give him a chance before getting Turco they have a talented team and they are all going to need to get paid and with the cap getting Turco could complicate that.

He did.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Legace is now trade bait, and I'm sure Toronto will come knocking, nothing like a home grown boy to tend the pipes.

If Emery can show to the Sens that he can carry a team when it counts (doesnt mean a stanley cup win) he will be the #1 next season with a vetren as his mentor/back up.

Turco will be trade bait ONLY if they can get something very good in return, I don't see them giving him up for nothing. If they do, they may ride him during the season and dump him at the trade deadline once they have a good position in the standings.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

if turco gets dealt its probably to one of 3 places-Detroit, Vancouver or Philadelphia.

Detroit is an obvious choice due to Michigan ties, but Vancouver maybe looking for a goalie and philly may deal Esche if they don't get out of the first round. maybe a Esche for Turco trade? Philly is always changing goalies and its not out of the question to expect Philly to make a deal for him.

if turco does get traded, dallas will probably get a defenseman/goalie as part of the deal.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well, I'd say Legace just played himself out of a Red Wings uniform tonight. Four goals in the 3rd period, after shutting them out through the first two! Steve Yzerman ends his career o an ignominious note as the President's Trophy winners go out in six.

CCSLC signature.png

Wow...that WAS a Ducks goal...the :censored: is going to HIT THE FAN if the Ducks lose tonights game by a goal...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well, I'd say Legace just played himself out of a Red Wings uniform tonight. Four goals in the 3rd period, after shutting them out through the first two! Steve Yzerman ends his career o an ignominious note as the President's Trophy winners go out in six.

It wasn't Legace's fault. Goals 3 and 4 were due to defensive breakdowns.

I look at this way...

Legace didn't signle handily lose any of the 4 games, but he certainly did not win any either. IMO, he doesn't have the mentality to be a big-time playoff performer.

Never will. I think he's gone.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

How about this. If the Ducks win game 7 that will mean the top 4 seeds in the west would have been eliminated. San Jose who was 5th seed and didn't have home ice in round 1 would become the top seed. As is SJ already will have home ice for next round.

Anyways though I'm rooting for Calgary to win.

Legace didn't signle handily lose any of the 4 games, but he certainly did not win any either. IMO, he doesn't have the mentality to be a big-time playoff performer.

Never will. I think he's gone.

I coulda told you that about Legace....

Guy cost the Springfield Falcons a sure shot at a Calder Cup in 1997 when he lost his cool and shoved a ref in the Conf. Finals against Hershey.

He got suspended for a few games and it allowed the Bears (who the Falcons had dead to rights) to get back in the series...by the time Manny got back, it was too late.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Legace didn't signle handily lose any of the 4 games, but he certainly did not win any either.  IMO, he doesn't have the mentality to be a big-time playoff performer.

Never will.  I think he's gone.

I coulda told you that about Legace....

Guy cost the Springfield Falcons a sure shot at a Calder Cup in 1997 when he lost his cool and shoved a ref in the Conf. Finals against Hershey.

He got suspended for a few games and it allowed the Bears (who the Falcons had dead to rights) to get back in the series...by the time Manny got back, it was too late.

Also if Carolina and Buffalo win tonight It will be the top 4 teams in the east.

Which I think might just happen.

Hi, how are you?

Archived