Official NHL playoff thread

Shane Does Art

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make that 5-0. Yikes.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Following that golf

I think Buffalo could give Ottawa some trouble if they get them. I think New Jersey would do better against Buffalo than Ottawa could, but either way I think the Sabres will lose in the 2nd round. But it may not be easy for whoever they play.

Edit: Nevermind, they just got to play the Senators. 'Canes win in OT.

Buffalo can beat Ottawa w/o Hasek. If you look at the end of the season we beat Ottawa and we can beat them next week.

Games will probably start on Friday b/c the ScotiaBank Place is booked on Saturday & Sunday for a Dora The Explorer show(not kidding)

saBS.png

Conspiracy? All the teams remaining in the eastern conference share the conference logo color scheme, or something close to it. Red, Black, and White with the Sabres and Hurricanes having silver as well.

985.gif4.gif18.gif

21.gif6.gif

Conpricy? All the teams remaining in the eastern conference share the conference logo color scheme, or something close to it. Red, Black, and White with the Sabres and Hurricanes having silver as well.

985.gif4.gif18.gif21.gif6.gif

Oh yeah, you don't mess with any team that has red and black!!!

I saw, I came, I left.

Conpricy? All the teams remaining in the eastern conference share the conference logo color scheme, or something close to it. Red, Black, and White with the Sabres and Hurricanes having silver as well.

985.gif4.gif18.gif21.gif6.gif

Oh yeah, you don't mess with any team that has red and black!!!

The Sabres, Devils and 'Canes used to have Blue, Yellow and Green in their respective schemes...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

if turco gets dealt its probably to one of 3 places-Detroit, Vancouver or Philadelphia.

Detroit is an obvious choice due to Michigan ties, but Vancouver maybe looking for a goalie and philly may deal Esche if they don't get out of the first round. maybe a Esche for Turco trade? Philly is always changing goalies and its not out of the question to expect Philly to make a deal for him.

if turco does get traded, dallas will probably get a defenseman/goalie as part of the deal.

Why would the Flyers want Turco? They've already got 2 goalies they consider #1 goalies. Dumping Esche for Turco is a lateral move (great in regular season, less-than-stellar playoff pedigree), and does nothing to solve the controversy between Niittymaki and Esche/Turco. At some point, the Flyers need to choose their #1 goalie, let him become The Man and develop without looking over his shoulder at the other guy. It worked when they had Hextall backed up by lesser lights. But the goalie carousel needs to stop.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Sens/Sabres should be the most entertaining series in round 2.

Looking foward to it!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

as much as i want to see buffalo win in the 2nd round, im staying with my pick that Ottawa knocks them out in 5 games. i know i picked Carolina to beat new jersey in 5 or 6 games. i may have to rethink that pick, i probably underestimated the Devils and overestimated the canes. at least the match ups are in tact, unlick my western conf. bracket which is all flogged up thanks to an early exit by detroit. :evil:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

if turco gets dealt its probably to one of 3 places-Detroit, Vancouver or Philadelphia. 

Detroit is an obvious choice due to Michigan ties, but Vancouver maybe looking for a goalie and philly may deal Esche if they don't get out of the first round.  maybe a Esche for Turco trade?  Philly is always changing goalies and its not out of the question to expect Philly to make a deal for him. 

if turco does get traded, dallas will probably get a defenseman/goalie as part of the deal.

Why would the Flyers want Turco? They've already got 2 goalies they consider #1 goalies. Dumping Esche for Turco is a lateral move (great in regular season, less-than-stellar playoff pedigree), and does nothing to solve the controversy between Niittymaki and Esche/Turco. At some point, the Flyers need to choose their #1 goalie, let him become The Man and develop without looking over his shoulder at the other guy. It worked when they had Hextall backed up by lesser lights. But the goalie carousel needs to stop.

you're right, i forgot about Antero. they may be looking to dump esche for a pick(s). I'll be interested in what Philly does before or at the draft.

im already looking forward to UFA and the NHL draft.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Au Revoir Les Habitants!!!!

At least they made the playoffs...

How's golf in Toronto?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

And on the 8th day, God created the SABRES.

Ahhhhh, Philly out in the first round and all was right with the world. And in a 7-1 pasting at home no less. A more satisfying script could not have been written by Hollywood's finest.

Note to all NHL goaltenders, Philadelphia is the place where goalies careers go to die. Stay away or your confidence will be ground up into dust.

With all the favorites winning in the east and the top seeds in the west getting knocked out, perhaps it's time to impliment part of my playoff plan and reseed the teams when they get to the final four so the two best teams left aren't forced to face each other in the Eastern Conference finals for the right to play a team with a vastly inferior record.

For example, Ottawa, Carolina & Buffalo all have 52 wins and at least 110 points.

Edmonton, Colorado, San Jose & Anaheim (if they win) have 41-44 wins and 95-99 points.

Perhaps it would be more fair to have Ottawa vs. Edmonton and Carolina vs. Colorado with the winners meeting for the Cup.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Did somebody say golf?

golfswing2ty.gif

I'm making some t-shirts of that.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Au Revoir Les Habitants!!!!

At least they made the playoffs...

How's golf in Toronto?

Not bad actually, we are well practiced on our follow through and are ready to take on the Wings and Habs players. At least we no longer have to feel ashemed to have been beaten by the Hurricanes in the playoffs!!!! ^_^

And ROCH, I gotta see that shirt when your done, it will look wicked.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived