ebay theif alert

sarcasm

I saw at the bottom, there's a "Report this item" thing. I'm not sure how that works, but it could make a difference.

We'll see - I just did it.

do they let you enter in a reason for reporting it? if enough of us do it, perhaps they'll pull it

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw at the bottom, there's a "Report this item" thing. I'm not sure how that works, but it could make a difference.

We'll see - I just did it.

do they let you enter in a reason for reporting it? if enough of us do it, perhaps they'll pull it

Yes - There's actually a step by step of items to select. You're then taken to a "enter auction number" sceren that will generate an automatic e-mail with your ultimate reason as the subject.

I'm not sure what the best steps to take were, but I tried, at least.

It's where I sit.

What if you upload the file in question, then ask the guy, using that question form on the auction directly, if he got the file from the URL to the file. See what he says.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Actually, another idea just hit me.

Someone who doesn't shop on eBay and has no intention of it, or if you're able to get away with this anyways even if you do, open up a new PayPal and/or eBay account, buy the item, refuse to pay, and leave negative feedback saying "This item stolen from (www.the URL of the file)"

champssig2.png

Here's the auto-response I got (I'm not feeling too thrilled).

We will review the listing(s) you have reported for violations of our

Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. We often rely on members like you

to bring such violations to our attention.

In light of eBay's privacy policy, we cannot share with you any action

taken by eBay with respect to this listing. If we determine that the

listing violates this policy, we will remove the listing or suspend the

seller. Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that

repeatedly disregard policy.

If the item you reported does not appear on its face to violate this

policy, we may refer it to the intellectual property rights owner for

review. If the rights owner has a good faith belief that the item is

infringing, they may choose to send eBay a formal request to remove the

listing. For more information on eBay's cooperation with rights owners,

please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/programs-vero-ov.html

For more information on eBay's Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy,

please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team

It's where I sit.

I am not pleased with this. Stay tuned.

You and me both, I can't believe this guy. Taking our hard work and selling it, that's BS. I don't know what to do, but there's got to be something we can to do stop him.

You see, this is why we won't give out the vector versions of these files, this guy is using the gif's that I posted a while ago on here.

Since you made the files, can't you click on the report this item link, select stolen property, and then select "someone stole your intellectual property"?

VmWIn6B.png

You and me both, I can't believe this guy. Taking our hard work and selling it, that's BS. I don't know what to do, but there's got to be something we can to do stop him.

You see, this is why we won't give out the vector versions of these files, this guy is using the gif's that I posted a while ago on here.

Since you made the files, can't you click on the report this item link, select stolen property, and then select "someone stole your intellectual property"?

But, is it really his intellectual property? This is the part I'm not clear on. I understand that Nick and JP did a ton of work on this -- but aren't all the marks the teams' property? Thus the teams and leagues would need to respond, not those who "compiled" it (not belittling what you did, please understand).

It's where I sit.

But, is it really his intellectual property? This is the part I'm not clear on. I understand that Nick and JP did a ton of work on this -- but aren't all the marks the teams' property? Thus the teams and leagues would need to respond, not those who "compiled" it (not belittling what you did, please understand).

Yea, that's the difficult part is JP and I did put it together and did work on it but all the logos, fonts and everything else belong to NFL Properties and their respective teams.

I sent in a complaint about it, don't know what good it will do though.

Here's the auto-response I got (I'm not feeling too thrilled).

Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that

repeatedly disregard policy.

Translation: Account suspensions are reserved only for people who we cannot collect listing fees from.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I sent a message VIA ebay to the seller:

You do realize you're not allowed to sell NFL logos or anything

like this. It's copywright infringment. I'd also like to mention

that I'm the person that put these 'team sheets' together and have

reported you to eBay for stolen property.

This is the message he sent back:

by the way, how could it be stolen if i paid for it? if i get in

trouble rickandsharon (rick spangler) is going down too. thats where i

got it.

got it.

I guess you'll just have to bring them down too.

champssig2.png

got it.

What a stupid argument.

Same as asking how a stolen car can be stolen if you buy it from some shady character in a alley.

VmWIn6B.png

If anyone would like to express their displeasure with this guy, his email is isaiahbaby@cinci.rr.com but I must ask that you don't totally go off on the guy, that's not right, just feel free to tell him that what he is doing is wrong.

I might e-mail the person in a polite way. Not fair for others who dedicate to this work and put effort into it. He didnt even ask for it and the fact that he is selling it to others, just seems legal to me.

Nick not fair for you have to go threw this, I and hopefully others on here will do our best to stop this person and others who continue this.

(man i sound like im running for mayor lol )

4kv29i.jpg

So let me get this straight.

This guy is selling copywrited material for profit, claiming that he's not charging for the graphics themselves but for his time and effort putting all of this together, even though he has admitted that he didn't actually made them, but bought them from another guy and then says he doesn't want anyone to do what he's doing.

Plus he's marketing them to be used to make decals to create counterfit NFL figures?!

So he's violating copywrite law while committing fraud and encouraging other people to commit fraud...

What a :censored: head.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

If anyone would like to express their displeasure with this guy, his email is isaiahbaby@cinci.rr.com but I must ask that you don't totally go off on the guy, that's not right, just feel free to tell him that what he is doing is wrong.

I might e-mail the person in a polite way. Not fair for others who dedicate to this work and put effort into it. He didnt even ask for it and the fact that he is selling it to others, just seems legal to me.

Nick not fair for you have to go threw this, I and hopefully others on here will do our best to stop this person and others who continue this.

its not legal, man. Even if he did buy it from someone else.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

its not legal, man. Even if he did buy it from someone else.

I really think he meant illegal.

Archived