ebay theif alert

sarcasm

Some back ground....

The auction is based on custom mcfarlane decals mostly.

The Rick and Sharon person, is this guy. http://www.vanscustomfigures.com/

www.customsbyjomo.com has the files on his site for other customeizers to use, and I think he created the 2nd smaller # set that is pictured in the auction. I've seen some custom mcfarlane guys here and there, and I think there could have been some sort of agreement about jomo using the files on his site. ..

Well, the van guy(rick) was getting out of doing customs due to a divorce so he started to sell his custom insert/decal disc on ebay. Then this fool and others started reselling it. Whether or not Nick's files were on the rickandsharon's disc is beyond my knowledge.

Here are two threads on the spawn board that might better address it. It seems that the guy with the ebay auction is a real prick. Another guy was selling his premade decal sets and this guy is wanting to buy it and add it to his disc.

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295197

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295182

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asshat.jpg

hahaha

Also...aren't these Cardinals logos/emblem(s) a bit outdated? Cause if I remember correctly, they got themselves a whole new identity before last season...

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Hello, frequent lurker, first post. I can tell you that Ebay will not pull listings of questionable copyright infringement unless reported by the copyright owner, not when reported by a third party. I used to deal in musical instrument parts. For every genuine Fender guitar decal on eBay, there would be 20 fakes. I used to report the fakes, but I would just get a canned response from eBay and the listings would continue ($$$$).

"Why are you selling someone else's hard work. I know the people that created these images for their personal non-profit use and the other people who have these images also use them for non-profit. If people wanted these images a simple internet search would find them. I doubt you want 32 NFL team ramrods, a huge NFL ramrod, and ramrod from all the appearal companies shoved in your ass. Selling NFL, NFL teams', and other companies' logos for profit when you dont have their permission is a federal offense."

I was just a wee bit aggitated.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here is an idea.. someone should copy his entire auction, and post their own, with the exact same info, except make the buy it now .01 and put in the auction that the penny will not be collected.

That should put him out of business, vigilante stylee

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Here is an idea.. someone should copy his entire auction, and post their own, with the exact same info, except make the buy it now .01 and put in the auction that the penny will not be collected.

That should put him out of business, vigilante stylee

I love it.

Unfortunately someone would have to be willing to eat the ebay auction fees.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Whats the fees on an .01 auction? Arent they all percentages?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Listing fee on a penny auction would be 20 cents.

Final value fee on a penny auction would probably be nothing.

But you'd still have to have the CD to sell and this guy is selling multiple copies of this item. See what I'm getting at? :therock:

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

Whats the fees on an .01 auction? Arent they all percentages?

i was under the impression it was percentage if sold + listing fee

20¢ + 5.25% of the closing value = fees for listing and selling a 1¢ item.

I don't know how much this would apply here, but as is the case with everything, you always have way much more success with talking to real people rather than sending e-mails, especially on submission forms on a website.

Nick, how about you look to Contact eBay at a Customer Support number or such and see if you can do anything about it that way? It might take some time, and you'll probably go through three or four people, but it's better than just an automated response.

And, if they say that the logos are NFL property, you can just agree with them but say that you put the work together for personal use and the seller just lifted the images himself. Maybe there's some kind of fair use/unfair use clause involved in that.

Just an idea, though. Sorry to hear about the troubles.

aren't these Cardinals logos/emblem(s) a bit outdated? Cause if I remember correctly, they got themselves a whole new identity before last season...

Most people doing customized McFarlanes like to do throwback ones, so by including these, you can now do Pat Tillman, Jake Plummer, Neil Lomax and all the other people that put on a Cardinals jersey then looked to get out of it ASAP... :D

Looks like his account got terminated!  :boogie:  (dance)  :birthday:

Wow... now listed as an unregistered member

'Not a registered user' can refer to members who have cancelled their membership, or whose membership has been suspended by eBay. For example, a member whose correct contact information is no longer on file with us may have their registration suspended until the new contact information is entered. In either case, the member appears as "not a registered user" and is not allowed to buy or sell on eBay.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived