Madden 07 Cover

nyk

YES!!! :woot:

Come on Madden, do your thing! :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's bogus. Your link goes to "The Lounge." Following that link right now was the first time I had ever been to The Lounge. I think it's totally valid to post that information in this forum because had it not been for your link, no one would have even known this was posted elsewhere.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who only looks at the top half of the boards from the main page. Right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's bogus. Your link goes to "The Lounge." Following that link right now was the first time I had ever been to The Lounge. I think it's totally valid to post that information in this forum because had it not been for your link, no one would have even known this was posted elsewhere.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who only looks at the top half of the boards from the main page. Right?

If you're being serious, then you suck.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If you're being serious, then you suck.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

No way. This is bogus, man!

I wish that people would put this stupid curse to rest. Shaun Alexander led the league in rushing, broke the record for most touchdowns and was the MVP last season. I don't know how he can top that but come on this whole Madden curse is dumb. I'm not really a fan of the Seahawks but I hope he has a good season so people will realize how dumb this curse is.

I wish that people would put this stupid curse to rest. Shaun Alexander led the league in rushing, broke the record for most touchdowns and was the MVP last season. I don't know how he can top that but come on this whole Madden curse is dumb. I'm not really a fan of the Seahawks but I hope he has a good season so people will realize how dumb this curse is.

Players get hurt often enough during the season they are on the cover that some credit must be given to there being a curse. Same as the SI Cover Jinx and same as the Campbell's Soup curse.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm really hoping you're joking. If not...wow. You've been here for how long??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Has there been any other player that can say he has been on the cover of EA NCAA FOOTBALL and Madden? Shaun will now have been on both. Roll Tide.

20234565.JPG

Carmelo Anthony was on the covers of March Madness 2004 and NBA Live 2005 (I think those are the correct dates).

I can't think of any football players that share this distinction, however.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've never gone to "the lounge" and don't bother looking past the top half of the main page.

Too bad the Madden series sucks as of late...:(

Not to mention that Shaun is wearing that monochrome abomination which is one of the worst uni's in football.

Says the man who's the fan of the team that wears these monstrosities (top of image)... ;)

nosaints2001.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You cannot deny that the people who have been on the Madden cover have had strings of bad luck:

Madden 2000 (the 1999 season): Barry Sanders was clearly visible in the background behind Madden. He then abruptly retired.

Madden 2001 (2000 season): Eddie George was on the cover. After that season (which ended when he bobbled a pass that ended up getting interecepted by Ray Lewis), he never was the same.

2002 (2001 season): Daunte Culpepper was knocked out of the rest of the season with a Knee injury, at the time the Vikings were 4-7.

2003 (2002 season): Marshall Faulk suffered a injury, and has been declining ever since.

2004 (2003 season): Michael Vick was injured during a preseason game and missed most of the season, only playing in 5 games.

2005 (2004 season): Ray Lewis came the closest since Eddie George to avoiding the curse, but Ray missed the last game of the season with a injury, keeping the streak alive!

2006 (2005 season): Donovan Mcnabb. He had a really bad year that has convinced me the Madden cover is cursed. Let's see here: The T.O. feud, the sports hernia, the season ending surgery........

Good luck, Shaun.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Too bad the Madden series sucks as of late...:(

Not to mention that Shaun is wearing that monochrome abomination which is one of the worst uni's in football.

Says the man who's the fan of the team that wears these monstrosities (top of image)... ;)

nosaints2001.jpg

No, they USED to wear those, and only on a few occasions. They've been back in the gold pants for home and away for several years now.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived