The NFL Draft

logodawg

I disagree about Ki-Jana Carter being a bust. Yes he didn't work out like the Bengals had hoped but it's not his fault. He tore the :censored: out of his knee. After thathappened , he wasn't the same player. So to say that Carter is a bust is unfair to him.

With the NBA Playoffs, the NHL Playoffs, and a great start to the baseball season, it's pathetic that ESPN is dedicating so much time to a non-sports event. The ratings are important, but shouldn't a sports network be covering actual sports? Because of all this nonsense, I'm not watching the draft at all this year. I'll read the results on the bottomline the next day.

I'm glad to actually have the ability to change the channel, which most of you guys need to do if you don't want to deal with ESPN's almost insane amount of time given to the NFL Draft.

Trust me, times like these are good for the ol' clicker. NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLS (If you are into soccer, of course), MLB. There are so many choices, people.

The ratings are more than important. It's all that matters. Like any other network, it is about compelling content. If the NFL draft or hype leading up to the draft lures more viewers than a game one of a five game playoff series, you have to air the draft coverage.

So, if you don't like it, change the channel. The other 499 channels need some love, too. :P

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm glad to actually have the ability to change the channel, which most of you guys need to do if you don't want to deal with ESPN's almost insane amount of time given to the NFL Draft.

Trust me, times like these are good for the ol' clicker. NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLS (If you are into soccer, of course), MLB. There are so many choices, people.

You forgot NASCAR Seadragon76. I'm going to have to call Tim Cowlishaw to go to your house and smack your head with a 2x4. (Just kidding :D )

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

i love nfl draft day... especially the past 2 years, because the titans have picked high enough that all the speculation seems fun.

and i love hockey more than anything else, but nhl draft day isn't nearly as fun as nfl draft day.

and the reasons it doesn't get the same coverage are 10 fold... the sport isn't as popular, the juniors/college level isn't as popular, espn doesn't have a contract with the NHL, and most of all, nhl draft picks usually take about 4-5 years to be impact players. nfl players are actually rookies the year after they're drafted :)

look at guys like marty turco. he was drafted in like 1994, but he didn't get to be a rookie until 2001.

i love nfl draft day... especially the past 2 years, because the titans have picked high enough that all the speculation seems fun.

and i love hockey more than anything else, but nhl draft day isn't nearly as fun as nfl draft day.

and the reasons it doesn't get the same coverage are 10 fold... the sport isn't as popular, the juniors/college level isn't as popular, espn doesn't have a contract with the NHL, and most of all, nhl draft picks usually take about 4-5 years to be impact players. nfl players are actually rookies the year after they're drafted :)

look at guys like marty turco. he was drafted in like 1994, but he didn't get to be a rookie until 2001.

NBA is quite popular

college level basketball is just as popular as college level football

ESPN has contract with NBA

NBA picks often make immediate impact on the league (see LeBron James)

Why doesn't the NBA draft get near as much coverage as the NFL draft? NBA draft probably gets less than a week of coverage, NFL draft gets what? 2 months?

NBA is quite popular

college level basketball is just as popular as college level football

ESPN has contract with NBA

NBA picks often make immediate impact on the league (see LeBron James)

Why doesn't the NBA draft get near as much coverage as the NFL draft? NBA draft probably gets less than a week of coverage, NFL draft gets what? 2 months?

Probably because it only goes on for 4 or 5 hours on a weekday instead of taking an entire weekend to do. That would make sense.

Oh, and buzzcut: There is a reason why I didn't mention that.... so-called 'sport' of yours. Even if did send Cowlishaw after me, I'd just send everyone's favorite idiot, Woody Page, after you (j/k).

Archived