St. Paul Saints Concept

bucskick20

They were once the Yankees Triple-A team rivaled with the Minneapolis Millers who were the Red Sox Triple-A team, Now they are one of the best in the Northern League.

I made a classic looking concept, the hat is a little strange but I have always kinda liked the look. I made this with Apple Works like with all my concepts, for no better program, C&C

HOME

w2c10x.jpg

AWAY

w2c1a1.jpg

256dy87.jpg

As a fellow Northern League fan, I would like to correct a slight mistake. The Saints' were one of the best teams in the Northern League. (Go RedHawks!) Furthermore, they aren't a part of the NL anymore. They along with NL-defectors, Sioux City, Sioux Falls, and Lincoln, they joined 8 Central League teams the closest of which is a team based in Manhattan, Kansas I believe. It'll be interesting how the new American Association will pan out. But anyway, on to the concept.

The hat is okay. I'm not wild about it, but it's not horrid. So I'll push on that. Change the nubmer font immidiately. One, I think it's a bit too small. Two, I don't think it fits the script style at all. On a minor detail point capitalize the name on the away jersey. It'll make it more balanced. I do like the pinstripes gives them a certain class. Good work, but I think it could be a bit better.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

the Saints' league jump was already noted, and I'll also note that the original Saints and Millers were the minor league extension of an old big league rivalry, but not the one you thought...the Saints were Brooklyn Dodgers affiliates, and the Millers were the top farm team of the New York Baseball Giants

anyways, the hat is fine when paired with the home jersey, but doesn't fit at all with the roadies. either make a solid blue cap or change the white panel to a gray one. as has been mentioned already, make the numbers bigger! and try to make the STP logo on the road jersey pop a little more, maybe some white outline if you can do that. the idea is solid, just needs some tweaking.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the Saints' league jump was already noted, and I'll also note that the original Saints and Millers were the minor league extension of an old big league rivalry, but not the one you thought...the Saints were Brooklyn Dodgers affiliates, and the Millers were the top farm team of the New York Baseball Giants

anyways, the hat is fine when paired with the home jersey, but doesn't fit at all with the roadies. either make a solid blue cap or change the white panel to a gray one. as has been mentioned already, make the numbers bigger! and try to make the STP logo on the road jersey pop a little more, maybe some white outline if you can do that. the idea is solid, just needs some tweaking.

My Dad went to many of their games and says he remembers seeing players that were stars for those teams, but maybe he was wrong

256dy87.jpg

after doing some digging, looks like we're both right. the Yankees-Red Sox affiliation must've been earlier, and the Giants-Dodgers affiliations later. hell, I'd sooner believe your dad than me, what with him actually having seen em play and me being born well after both teams folded :hockeysmiley:

shoot, i only know the latter cus I got it off wikipedia :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As a fellow Northern League fan, I would like to correct a slight mistake. The Saints' were one of the best teams in the Northern League. (Go RedHawks!) Furthermore, they aren't a part of the NL anymore. They along with NL-defectors, Sioux City, Sioux Falls, and Lincoln, they joined 8 Central League teams the closest of which is a team based in Manhattan, Kansas I believe. It'll be interesting how the new American Association will pan out. But anyway, on to the concept.

The hat is okay. I'm not wild about it, but it's not horrid. So I'll push on that. Change the nubmer font immidiately. One, I think it's a bit too small. Two, I don't think it fits the script style at all. On a minor detail point capitalize the name on the away jersey. It'll make it more balanced. I do like the pinstripes gives them a certain class. Good work, but I think it could be a bit better.

whoa, another RedHawks fan, sweet.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I attended a St. Paul Saints game on July 4th of last year. Great place to watch a game. Jackhammer beat them 3-1, but fireworks would rival any pro game.

I love their unis they currently have. Great team to watch.

Go T-Bones!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I attended a St. Paul Saints game on July 4th of last year. Great place to watch a game. Jackhammer beat them 3-1, but fireworks would rival any pro game.

I love their unis they currently have. Great team to watch.

Go T-Bones!!!

I like there current too, but I was bored.

256dy87.jpg

Archived