Padres DESERT camo uniforms

Bearcats

I love the fact that the unis have the backwards Ameican flag patch on the right shoulder just as teh military unis do. Nice touch.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

The new army unis are based off of Russian/Germany Army uniforms.  The design is based off of 'bitmap' dots.  My son is in the army and likes them very much.  Much better than the old camo -but I still like the like old camos.

The bitmap dot design is actually based off Cadpat, the Canadian Distortion pattern, which has been around since the 1990s. Only relatively recently put into use by the Canadian Forces, but that is what the USMC based their design on and then the Army went and created their own.

lw2006-5028d.jpg

I'm a little surprised at the positive feedback on this year's version. Yes, San Diego is very Navy-Marines based. No Army prescence at all.

Saw a fan in the stands wearing a 1969 road uniform. Looking at the Hall of Fame site you'd never know that those road unis were pretty dark. Definitely more brown vs. the piss yellow hue they have in the current road unis. I think it's the perfect blend but alas we'll never see them again.

http://www.crosley-field.com/grob/images/U.../1969padres.jpg

Oh well.

As for these camos, I don't care for them as much as the others but frankly I'd be ok if they never wore them again. I love that we support the military. What I don't like is that we're 2-6 wearing camo uniforms.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived