NHL Captains

The Nation

I was wondering if anybody knew all 16 captains in the playoffs right now. Also the alternate captains as well.

So far I have:

Yzerman Det,

Modano Dal

Iginla Cal,

Marleau SJ,

Sakic Col,

Alfredsson Ott,

Koivu MTL

EDM??? ANA??BUF??, CAR?? , PHI?? NYR?? NJ?? TB?? Nash???

Edmonton - Jason Smith

Anaheim - Scott Niedermayer

Buffalo - Chris Drury

Carolina - Rod Brind 'Amour

New York Rangers - I have seen Poti, Rucchin, Kasparaitis and Jagr all where the A in the past month

Yeah, there should be a rule that every team has a captain. None of this seven-alternate captain-of-the-month crap. That's for kids. "Captain" means more in hockey than any other sport, don't cop out.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought that Briere was an alternate captain. I saw his game winning goal last night and as he was celebrating I saw the "A" on his jersey. I mean, it was Briere that got the game winning goal right? I just woke up and I can't remember too well.

Yzerman Det,

Modano Dal

Iginla Cal,

Marleau SJ,

Sakic Col,

Alfredsson Ott,

Koivu MTL

Jason Smith EDM

Scott NiedermayerANA

Drury, Briere, someone else (rotating) BUF

Brind AmourCAR??

Hatcher PHI

JagrNYR

NJ??

This post has been edited by zer0dotcom on some time in the future

FBI_Bar.jpg

women_lover.gif

By the way, Tampa Bay's captain is Brad Richards.

Actually ever since the Lightning cut Andreychuk there has been no player with a C....they did add a third player with an A. The 3 Lightning alternate captains are:

Vinny Lecavalier

Freddy Modin

Tim Taylor

Yeah, there should be a rule that every team has a captain. None of this seven-alternate captain-of-the-month crap. That's for kids. "Captain" means more in hockey than any other sport, don't cop out.

No there should not, it should be up to the team, not the league. If a team chooses to have 3 A's and no C's it not that big of a deal

Ottawa- Daniel Alfredsson

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

So these teams without a captain, and this 3 alternate system, what happens if they win the cup, who gets to raise the cup? IMO, it is kind of weird to see a player wearing the "A" lifting up the cup.

I think the cup is awarded to the 3 alternates in that case. I'm not sure but I think I've seen old footage of the cup being awarded to 3 players.

The New Jersey Devils do not have a captain. Elias, Madden, and I think Rafalski are the 3 alternate captains. I don't think the Rangers have a captain either. In both those cases they had their Hall of Fame captain retire the week before training camp. I don't think the teams wanted to name a new captain immediatly as a tribute to what Messier and Stevens meant to those teams.

I would expect next year for the Devils Patrik Elias will be the captain.

If Keith Primeau is ever cleared for play in the playoffs, I'd guess he'd retake the Flyers' C from Hatcher. They played the first half of the season without a formal captain in the wake of Primeau's latest concussion.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If Keith Primeau is ever cleared for play in the playoffs, I'd guess he'd retake the Flyers' C from Hatcher. They played the first half of the season without a formal captain in the wake of Primeau's latest concussion.

Yeah, I guess you heard about the team picture fiasco from a couple weeks ago when they stripped the C from Hatcher (without even telling him) because "Primeau is the official captain of the team, Hatcher is only the acting captain."

I don't think they actually recognize his captainship anywhere, and if they somehow won the cup, I think in their record books it would read that Primeau was the captain, even if he doesn't play. Kind of a slap to Hatcher, but he suxx0rz b4llz so I don't care.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yzerman Det,

Modano Dal

Iginla Cal,

Marleau SJ,

Sakic Col,

Alfredsson Ott,

Koivu MTL

Jason Smith EDM

Scott NiedermayerANA

Drury, Briere, someone else (rotating) BUF

Brind AmourCAR??

Hatcher PHI