Next To Wear Black Shoes in NFL?

pittfan11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

whats wrong with black shoes?

might not be a team color in some cases but do you really want to seen the browns with brown and orange shoes?

i dont see any problems with black shoes with team accented colors.

but then again i guess i am not a stickler for details like some other members.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I think black shoes just have a classier look. Don't have to worry about seeing mud and stuff on them.

Green Bay needs to change to the black as someone else said. They are now the only NFC North team wearing white and they are a "traditional" team.

I like black shoes much better for just about any team, regardless of colors, and I was trying to figure out why...

I think it's because all NFL teams have some white on their socks. Thus, the white shoes give the dreaded monochrome look that almost everyone hates in football uniforms--there's no distinction between lower socks and feet, which looks weird. In general, adjacent parts of the uniform should be different colors, whether the case be jerseys-pants, pants-upper socks, lower socks-shoes, or even (arguably) jerseys-helmets.

This is just speculation; I'm trying to identify a general rule for why people think black shoes look better... opinions?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Not a fan of the black shoes and an even less of a fan of mindless fads. In a few years, white shoes will be cool again. Why don't teams wear shoes in their colors? That would be more interesting.

Not a fan of the black shoes and an even less of a fan of mindless fads. In a few years, white shoes will be cool again. Why don't teams wear shoes in their colors? That would be more interesting.

because in most cases that would look terrible.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• 11 months later...

Just bringing this one back, as we start another football season....

The next team to wear black shoes will be the 49ers. They will be wearing them this year for the first time in many, many years (besides Ronnie Lott doing it on his own many years ago).

That should make a minimum of 19 NFL teams this year wearing black shoes.

Archived