Next To Wear Black Shoes in NFL?

pittfan11

great to hear/see the niners wearing black cleats. as a huge fan of the black I've always marveled at how bad some teams look NOT wearing black, especially those who have black as an integral part of their color scheme. The steelers, ravens, and raiders come to mind. I also agree that the packers should have made the switch long ago.

damn, mike nolan is doing it right in san fran! coat and tie on the sidelines and a return to the black cleats full-time!

it will be interesting to see if any other teams surprise with a switch to black, a-la washington and buffalo last season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baltimore is in need of black shoes!!

Judging by the first pictures from Ravens training camp, you might be getting your wish. ^_^

That would make 20 teams, BTW.

That's interesting, seeing as how during mini camp, players wore white shoes...... but I'm hoping you are right.

If you watch guys like Ed Reed and Charles Woodson of the Packers, they put black tape around their shoes, so from some angles it looks like they are wearing black shoes, it rather looks nice.

I'll add my voice to the chorus - the Packers should go back to black shoes.

No, it feels right with the Packers in white shoes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never want to see the Steelers in black shoes, If I had my way they would still be wearing white Puma astro-turf shoes(Heinz Field needs old school hard as a rock astro-turf, not the mess they have now or the new sissy field turf).

I'll add my voice to the chorus - the Packers should go back to black shoes.

No, it feels right with the Packers in white shoes.

Must respectfully disagree - the rest of the uniform is Swinging 60s, and the white shoes look woefully out of place.

On a more modern uniform, sure. But they're jarring with the Packers.

That's interesting, seeing as how during mini camp, players wore white shoes...... but I'm hoping you are right.

I saw video last night from Raven camp, and just about everyone had black shoes on. So, I think its a definite for 2007.

Both the 49ers and Ravens will look very good in black shoes. The Ravens always looked silly in their all black uniforms with white shoes. Now, they just need to wear those black pants a little more often. A black helmet, purple jersey, black pants and black shoes combo would be pretty sweet, every-now-and-then.

I asked this question in a different thread, and it got swallowed up in the (real, on topic) discussion, so I'll try it again here;

I was wondering if the folks that complain about gray facemasks on teams with no gray in their color scheme feel the same about black shoes? After all, most of these teams (Bears, Giants, Seahawks, Browns, etc...) have no black anywhere else. Wouldn't those of you that complain about the Browns and Colts wearing Gray facemasks apply the same arguement to the shoes?

Just a question...

I never want to see the Steelers in black shoes, If I had my way they would still be wearing white Puma astro-turf shoes(Heinz Field needs old school hard as a rock astro-turf, not the mess they have now or the new sissy field turf).

Hey,didn't the Steelers wear black shoes for the '98 season? because whenever they replay the infamous coin-flip you can see them wearing black shoes.

I saw video last night from Raven camp, and just about everyone had black shoes on. So, I think its a definite for 2007.

Both the 49ers and Ravens will look very good in black shoes. The Ravens always looked silly in their all black uniforms with white shoes. Now, they just need to wear those black pants a little more often. A black helmet, purple jersey, black pants and black shoes combo would be pretty sweet, every-now-and-then.

This is great news, the Ravens are in dire need of black shoes. I feel as though black shoes makes a team look tougher, white makes them look quicker. Seeing the Ravens defense in black, would make any players pants turn brown.

The Ravens always looked silly

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Worst look in the league.

Disagree, Go Ravens, super unique look!!

As I said in last year's post, a team shouldn't wear black shoes just because that's the current trend. Nothing's more pathetic than doing something just because everyone else is doing it. Some unis look good with black shoes, some don't. And I was being (somewhat) tongue-in-cheek when I suggested that players should wear shoes in team colors, although that did work for the LA Rams in the early '70s (blue shoes at home, white on the road), and for the Chiefs back in the '60s.

Hey,didn't the Steelers wear black shoes for the '98 season? because whenever they replay the infamous coin-flip you can see them wearing black shoes.

photographic evidence:

19980928dsrun.jpg

Archived