Which Jersey is Real and Which is Fake?

rmackman

These are all on E-bay and I don't think they're all real but they might be:

3d_1.JPG

48_1.JPGd0_1.JPG

0f_1.JPG

a5_1.JPG

I got dibs on 'em but I'm just looking for another eye to help.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Kings jersey might be a CCM jersey, but there are a few things that are not right:

A. It does not have the Kings 25th Anniversary patch on the left shoulder.

B. The numbers and letters were 3 colored (silver on white on black).

C. The CCM logo on the back tail is the smaller one.

D. It does not have the NHL shield next to the CCM on the tail.

But yes, it is a CCM jersey, with the 75th Anniversary patch sewn on it.

For further review:

L.A. Kings Kurri front.

L.A. Kings Kurri back.

Also, for a Gretzky jersey, there's only one CCM tag on the back seam. Gretzky, as we all know, tucked the right side of his jersey in, so manufacurers put tags on each side of the back of the jersey to ensure their tag would be seen during the game.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm pretty sure (not 100% positive) that the "Z" on those Kings jerseys had little diagonal notches on the top right and bottom left of the letter. I'm not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure I remember noticing it once during a game and thinking it was a little odd.

Also, on the baseball jerseys, check the templates. Did the Braves and Pirates really have raglan style sleeves? Maybe they did, I'm not saying they're fake, but it is one thing that you can check if you want.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ooh, one huge mistake on the Gretzky jersey. Gretzky was the Captain of the Kings for his entire stay there, including the 1991-1992 season (the NHL's 75th Anniversary season).

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm pretty sure (not 100% positive) that the "Z" on those Kings jerseys had little diagonal notches on the top right and bottom left of the letter. I'm not positive about this, but I'm pretty sure I remember noticing it once during a game and thinking it was a little odd.

That's what I'm thinking. The Z's on this jersey have squared-off joints, which seems off from all the pictures of Gretzky in a Kings uniform that I've seen.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

To address some of the concerns about the Gretzky jersey...

The jersey IS authentic, judging by the CCM patch on the hem...the NHL shield may be hidden because it looks like there is a crease due to the way the jersey is hung. You can see the fight strap. It's not a recently issued vintage jersey, you can tell by the tags inside (neck area).

And for the customization, the only Gretzky jerseys that have the double-CCM logo are those that are bought pre-customized. I've never bought a pre-customized jersey. It's probably safe to assume that the person bought an authentic and then had it customized with the lettering and 75th anniversary patch afterwards. Even if they DID buy it customized, it's possible that whoever they bought it from did not have the Kings 25th patch.

The jersey IS authentic, judging by the CCM patch on the hem...the NHL shield may be hidden because it looks like there is a crease due to the way the jersey is hung. You can see the fight strap. It's not a recently issued vintage jersey, you can tell by the tags inside (neck area).

And for the customization, the only Gretzky jerseys that have the double-CCM logo are those that are bought pre-customized. I've never bought a pre-customized jersey. It's probably safe to assume that the person bought an authentic and then had it customized with the lettering and 75th anniversary patch afterwards. Even if they DID buy it customized, it's possible that whoever they bought it from did not have the Kings 25th patch.

I own that jersey, and its from 88-90, before the sheilds made an appearence. The C's in the CCM are also different and change to their current look in 1990. So the jersey is real, but it looks like someone just threw Gretzky's name on it and some random patches.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The NHL shield is not obscured by a fold in the jersey. That jersey is a 1988-1989 jersey with the 2 color background CCM logo.

The jersey hem from above:

ebay.jpg

The authentic 1988-1989 2 color background CCM logo without the NHL shield:

88-89.jpg

The 1990-1991 is the first year that the 1 color background CCM appeared and it had the NHLshield:

90-91.jpg

The 1991-1992 that has the 75th/25th patches and the 1 color background CCM logo with the NHL shield:

91-92.jpg

And of course, the clacis Gretzky double CCM logo:

93-94WG.jpg

Ooh, one huge mistake on the Gretzky jersey. Gretzky was the Captain of the Kings for his entire stay there, including the 1991-1992 season (the NHL's 75th Anniversary season).

first thing i noticed too.

the Atlanta script looks a little high, but maybe just because its not on a player to see it.

Ryan is officially dumb! I put a bid on the Braves jersey at $40. Someone outbid me while I was at the gym. DOH! Went for $41. I hate having to be home at the end of these auctions! GRRR. Oh well I'm sure other Braves jerseys will pop up again.

Like I said I just now see this one has popped up. I could get it, but I'd prefer the older style before they put the MLB logo on the back so I can put Dave Justice on it. But it's a good price so maybe...

BravesGac.jpg

Plus I can save money for the other jerseys that are on sale! That Gretzky jersey is going for $11! Even if it's not right maybe it's worth it. Was he really NOT the Asst. Captain that year?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

48_1.JPGd0_1.JPG

Here you can see the writing on the jersey the day he was traded. I just can't tell if it had a C or an A on it.

Waynegretzky_kings_trade.jpg

spacer.png

I found some of these Gretzky pictures?

This is an O-Pee-Chee card, 1989-90 (I think), which would have had the picture taken some time in 1989. Clearly, he has the alternate "A" patch.

2652707.jpg

Here is a poster, I think also from 1989. No captain's patch at all, at least from this angle.

gretzla1.jpg

Last, an Upper Deck 1990-91 card showing the back of the jersey. You can clearly see on the nameplate that the corner joints of the Z are beveled, not squared off.

90-91_UD_LAK_1078F_54.jpg

You didn't mention what year the jersey was from, but since it has the A, it was probably an early 1989/90.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Ryan is officially dumb!  I put a bid on the Braves jersey at $40.  Someone outbid me while I was at the gym.  DOH!  Went for $41.  I hate having to be home at the end of these auctions!  GRRR.  Oh well I'm sure other Braves jerseys will pop up again.

Don't forget, that doesn't mean someone else bid $41, it means only one person bid more than you did.

Bid the absolute most you are willing to pay the first time and you'll never get sniped.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived