Which Jersey is Real and Which is Fake?

rmackman

During Russel's time producing MLB jerseys, they did sell the same jerseys at their outlet store without the MLB logo for around $40 to $50. So just because it doesn't have a logo on the back doesn't mean that it is from a time before baseball game jerseys had them.

Hey there. I was looking on eBay for a McNabb jersey, and I wanted to know if this one looks real or fake.

That McNabb jerseys looks identical to mine, I think. It's a Reebok replica, screen printed, runs somewhere between 30 and 40 bucks new.

The Kings jersey itself is real circa 88/89 by the CCM logo. The letters and numbers are likely aftermarket - right style, except the "Z" in Gretzky. The 75th patch is obviously wrong for that year.

See dropthepucks.com for good Kings jersey pics. Apparently for 88/89 they were not set on the captainship (plus Taylor only played in 58 games) and the C's and A's were velcroed on that year

The 2 color letters and numbers last year was 90/91.

The 3 color numbers, "C", and "A", and 1 color name seen on many Reissues did not start till 91/92.

As a youth I saved my money and bought a replica 89/90 Kings then had a local shop do the Gretzky letters and numbers. I was crushed when they changed lettering next year because my jersey wasn't ?correct? anymore, and I wouldn't wear it. Friends and family just looked on puzzled, silent. (even then they knew...)

Here's another "adventures in eBay" jersey, for Alexander Ovechkin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OVECHKIN-WASHINGTON-CA...1QQcmdZViewItem

1. Starter jersey

2. Says "Capitals" on front, this is long gone

3. Left sleeve 8 upside-down

4. NHLPA tag obviously added after the fact

5. Letters sewn through nameplate into jersey

It gets better...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...OSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

Good thing Langway's last season in the NHL was in 1992-93... ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived