Sign in to follow this  
brinkeguthrie

OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY THREAD

I just got back home from lunch and I was amazed to find Leinart go down to 10 with Arizona. I think the environment would be right for him. A warm climate, they have some good young talent and a new stadium. He will struggle like any rookie QB, but I think he will grow into a good NFL QB.

I think the right thing to do is have him sit his first year and have Warner be QB. Kind of like how Cincinnati handled Carson Palmer.

Matt Leinart landing in Arizona might be the thing that team has needed for decades to finally build a winner.

Wow, Maroney before Williams. Interesting. Patties take a "skill" position guy. Even more interesting.

Bucs pick up, Davin Joseph?

None of the USC guys are going when/where most expected, I wonder what's going on with that.

I would have rather seen Winston Justice to couple with Walker but Joseph...Meh I guess.

Kinda confused with the Cromartie pick by the Chargers. Sure he's big, physical, great leaper and very quick but 25 college games?! How far behind will he be technically and is that knee any good? Why not Justice?

I feel very, very, very sorry for you Bills fans. I don't know what the hell they are doing. Taking a guy at 8 that was a late teens pick and trading up to take a total unknown. I know Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy are over 80, but have they lost their minds?

Bills move up to 26th to pick Jerome McCargo :blink:

I have a Sporting News draft book and he isin't even in it

I too share the sentiment that the Bills are completely off the plot at this point.

I feel very, very, very sorry for you Bills fans. I don't know what the hell they are doing. Taking a guy at 8 that was a late teens pick and trading up to take a total unknown. I know Ralph Wilson and Marv Levy are over 80, but have they lost their minds?

...so where's Stephen A. Smith when you need him? ^_^

04-29) 11:44 PDT Santa Clara, Calif. (AP) --

Vernon Davis sobbed openly at the NFL draft when the Maryland tight end heard he was headed to the San Francisco 49ers.

The tears were captured on national television Saturday for all to see ? including the 49ers executives who hope Davis will be a cornerstone of the franchise's revitalization.

"My first thought was, 'I hope those are tears of joy,'" coach Mike Nolan cracked.

I too share the sentiment that the Bills are completely off the plot at this point.

To quote ESPN...

Buffalo-Donte Whitner-S-OHIO STATE

With Lawyer Milloy in Atlanta and Troy Vincent clearly on the downside of his career, Buffalo has qeustions at safety. However, it has far grater needs at offensive tackle and defensive tackle. Taking Whitner is a one of the biggest reaches we have seen.

Buffalo (from Chicago)-John McCargo-DT-NORTH CAROLINA ST

Some picks are more difficult to explain than others. It's true that defensive tackle is one of the Bills' needs, but taking McCargo here is one of the biggest reaches we've seen in years.

So which one's a bigger reach? ;)

Packers let opportunity to pick up best WR in draft go to move down :cursing:

Chad Jackson, welcome to New England!

Walker is gone....and they moved the pick they got for him.....definately been an intresting week for us Packer fans lol

Walker is gone....and they moved the pick they got for him.....definately been an intresting week for us Packer fans lol

Just what I was hoping for. Walker in orange and blue. Also, Cutler is there to groom for the future. I'm lovin' it.

Yes! Justice to the Eagles at 39! I would have been happy if they had picked him at 14, but with both Justice and Bunkley, this draft looks good for the Eagles! :D