Draft Picks and their new uniforms

swilson160

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

capt.azpc10104301934.draft_cardinals_leinart_football_azpc101.jpg

Bidwell proves a point there. Never trust a man in a bowtie.

But, am I the only one who thinks it's rediculous to have those sleeves for a display jersey? Jersey's not going to be warn in a game, so why not just get one of those authentic fan ones?

VmWIn6B.png

rbnojerseyw4-29-06gif.gif

Edit: Just realized this pic is from draft day.

From another thread:

According to the current Saints roster, the only #'s available between 20-49 are:

32 36 39 40 41 42 43 45 48 49

Their 2nd rounder, Roman Harper, wore 41 at Alabama for whatever that's worth.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Im a noob...first post....

I would say he would take 32 if those are the choices. Since Im sure the NFL wont let him use 5, I would think he would take the closest thing....3+2=5. But who knows...

Even through the darkest days....this fire burns...always

EAGLEZZZZ.png

I would say he would take 32 if those are the choices. Since Im sure the NFL wont let him use 5, I would think he would take the closest thing....3+2=5. But who knows...

Welcome to the board.

Of course, 41 would work too. ;-)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I would say he would take 32 if those are the choices.  Since Im sure the NFL wont let him use 5, I would think he would take the closest thing....3+2=5.  But who knows...

Welcome to the board.

Well, so many people compared him to Gayle Sayers. Maybe he will take number 40 to honor him.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Greetings

Regarding the use of a "game cut" jersey for display, if you look closely, several of the players, when they were showing off their new uniforms, were holding uniforms that were tagged for team use last year.

The tags were visible on the inside of the collar. A few clearly had a 05 50 tag in the back, meaning that it was a leftover team jersey, size 50 that had been customized for the new player.

A couple of the players that had the game cut jerseys also had team tagged jerseys

pl_385007.jpg

pl_384874.jpg

BroncosSig.jpg

Maybe it's just me...but does Leinart look like he's going to be sick to any of you guys? Noticed the same thing on draft day - and figured it was more the disappointment of slipping to number 10. But even in this picture, it looks like the thought of playing in Arizona is about to make him :puke:

We are one!

Maybe it's just me...but does Leinart look like he's going to be sick to any of you guys?

I thought LenDale White's expression had much more nausea in it... slipping to the 2nd round.

ucnu112sig.png

I would say he would take 32 if those are the choices.  Since Im sure the NFL wont let him use 5, I would think he would take the closest thing....3+2=5.  But who knows...

Welcome to the board.

What about 25?

I hope he can wear 5.

NOLAbanner.jpg

He probably partied too hard the night before. He was dozing off during the draft.

That has to be it, because how the heck can he be disappointed to be playing in the most state of the art stadium in the league, with such weapons as Boldin, Fitzgerald, and James, not to mention that he's reasonably close to home.

VmWIn6B.png

Santonio Holmes was presented this morning with the #1 jersey and during his press conference reporters asked him if he had a number picked out yet. He said probably #10 which is impossible right? The designations are 11-19 & 80-89 right? Anyway there is a video but no individual pics yet.

Santonio Holmes was presented this morning with the #1 jersey and during his press conference reporters asked him if he had a number picked out yet. He said probably #10 which is impossible right? The disignations are 11-19 & 80-89 right? Anyway there is a video but no individual pics yet.

I believe he can wear 10. ALthough he only wore it during training camp before being cut prior to the '05 season, former Bears WR David Terrell wore #10 for the Pats during the preseason in honor of his boy (and fellow Michigan teammate) Tom Brady. Of course, we'll never know if he was going to keep it for the regular season.

my bad, Santonio Holmes will wear 10. I found that article again. for some reason i thought 10 was off limits. i guess no one notable has worn 10 since the rule change. i hope he erases the stigma of kordell off of that number.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news...ce=NFLHeadlines

useful excerpt:

Two years ago, due to the increasing amount of retired numbers and more wide receivers and tight ends coming into the league, the NFL allowed those position players to wear either 10-19 or 80-89. A number of wide receivers have been wearing lower-numbered jerseys since, among them Larry Fitzgerald of Arizona (11), Plaxico Burress of New York and Braylon Edwards of Cleveland (17), Randy Moss of Oakland (18) and Troy Williamson of Minnesota (19).

Archived